• Announcements

• iacas

Introducing TST "Clubs!"   08/28/2017

No, we're not getting into the equipment business, but we do have "clubs" here on TST now. Groups. Check them out here:
Sign in to follow this  
oughtoh

New From Calif.

I got on here because I am looking for a driver. My daughter started playing golf 4 weeks ago and she is already better than I am and also hitting the ball further then I do. I only use to play once in awhile but with her golfing now I expect to play more. I am stillusing clubs from the 80's which doesn't help much especially since I am almost 60 now.

Ed

Originally Posted by oughtoh

I got on here because I am looking for a driver. My daughter started playing golf 4 weeks ago and she is already better than I am and also hitting the ball further then I do. I only use to play once in awhile but with her golfing now I expect to play more. I am stillusing clubs from the 80's which doesn't help much especially since I am almost 60 now.

Ed

First, welcome to The Sand Trap! Take some time, if you haven't already, to check out some of the many articles, reviews, and threads. If there's a particular subject you're interested in, use the search feature to see if there is something already posted about it. If not, feel free to start your own thread.

Second, I recommend spending some time practicing, and ideally taking some lessons, then get yourself fitted for a driver. Golf is hard enough without using equipment that isn't suited to your swing. If you feel that the clubs you have now are hindering your ability to learn, check out the used section at your local brick-and-mortar golf store, or look on the marketplace here. And if you have any questions about any clubs, be sure to ask. Chances are someone here has experience with whatever you find.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2017 TST Partners

Talamore Golf Resort
    PING Golf
    FlightScope Mevo
    Mission Belt
    Snell Golf
    Frogger Golf
    PitchFix USA
  • Popular Now

• 1. Totally on board with self-driving cars, long overdue 2. New cars have great features that I think should be a mandatory: radar cruise control, and lane departure warning. My wife just got a new Mazda CX-5 a few weeks ago and we got it with this package for about $600 extra and it was WELL worth it on road trips and longer commutes. 3. New cars for a while now (later 2000's?) have mostly always had bluetooth hands-free calling as a feature. Nowadays it comes in nearly EVERY new car by default. And it actually works well (the noise filters are significantly better now). This is what I installed myself in my truck and it's WELL worth it. 4. People, especially the average American, have a severe gap in the action-consequence realm. They fall staggeringly short here. It's one thing to worry yourself to death; it's another thing to have a healthy respect for the consequences of a 2-ton killing machine. 5. I would have zero problem with car manufacturers or the government somehow disabling texting while driving. Sure, I'm not thinking about all the little nuances as to why that may be a bad idea but on the face of it... it sounds pretty good to me. Then again, I'm one of those folks that has nothing to hide from or bend/break the rules that I'm not willing to accept the consequences for... so you know which side of the Patriot Act I fall on... 6. If I got a felony charge for going more than 14 mph over the speed limit on a freshly paved, divided highway, with no cars on the road, dry as a desert, in the middle of the day, in an S2000 (a very small car) with brand new Z-rated tires.... then people who text and drive should also get felony charges. And I fully accepted responsibility for my actions.  This may be outdated by the time my daughter can (crossing my fingers for telekinetic texting! lol!) drive but when she can, if I ever caught her texting and driving, she'd be handing me her keys for a long, long time. 
    • I would guess I hit the exact sweet spot 1 out of 10 times.   Meaning, it feels like a really solid center hit, I don't feel the club face twist even slightly and the ball flies exactly like it's supposed to.  Hitting the sweet spot with my driver is one of the greatest pleasures in life.  But, like I said, it only happens about 1 out of 10 times.  Two days ago, I hit a 9 iron on a par 3 exactly on the sweet spot and the ball flew high and straight and stopped 6 feet from the pin.  Right when it left the club, I said to the guy I was playing with, "That's a great shot."  What a great feeling that is.   
    • I never tracked it before. It would be interesting to see the results. I would guess mostly center with the distribution more skewed towards the toe.
    • Dave twirls the club after nice 2nd shot from pine straw on #9. Match 1
    • I won’t do it forever, but having just resumed golf, I’ve been keeping track of a lot of data this year. I’m sure many here would be horrified at my “sweet spot profile,” but at my age/ability/vision I assume I’ll never hit the sweet spot almost all the time like many here can. I was honestly guessing I’m about 50/50, turns out it’s a little better. Might be helpful when I go to pick new irons. This data is all my on course full swing irons only, not woods/metals or practice sessions. And yes, it’s easier for me to hit center on shorter, more lofted clubs than long irons like most/all.  
  • Blog Entries

• Today's Birthdays

1. Aldo Aitken
      Aldo Aitken
      (27 years old)
    2. Also Aitken
      Also Aitken
      (27 years old)
    3. CJK
      CJK
      (59 years old)
    4. Greg55