IGNORED

Once again, amateur wins Pro ladies event. Same amateur!

joekelly
Note: This thread is 3864 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

Swinging fast is a skill, too, wils.

Women aren't faster runners than men if we compare men's 100-meter times against women's 80-meter times.

PGA Tour and LPGA Tour scoring averages are apples and oranges. Green speeds. Where the holes are cut. The width of fairways. The length of holes. The thickness of the rough. Etc. All make the comparison(s) invalid.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by David in FL

A lot of people on this site can't beat me either, that doesn't mean I'm any good though.

I should probably say they're not very "entertaining" rather than "good". I watch golf to be amazed. To see people do something I can't even dream of doing. Watching someone hit a 160 yd 7 iron while playing 6,600 yd courses that aren't generally set up all that tough, just doesn't hold my attention.

If your handicap is legit, then you are good relative to the average male golfer.

I don't watch a lot of women's golf either, but comparing men to women is like comparing nectarines to peaches.  It would be stupid for me to say the top women milers are slow because they can't break 4 minutes when I can't break 6.  Men and women are not the same, not quite as different as humans and horses, but still different.  If we could listen to a bunch of horses talk, they might fairly criticize the top Men's milers for not being able to break 2 minutes but it wouldn't make sense for me to criticize horses for lacking speed because the Kentucky Derby winner was only 3 years old.

My point is, if you can't beat someone who is at the top end of their category, then don't criticize them for not having talent.

I can't disagree with your entertaining comment as that is personal to you.

:mizuno: MP-52 5-PW, :cobra: King Snake 4 i 
:tmade: R11 Driver, 3 W & 5 W, :vokey: 52, 56 & 60 wedges
:seemore: putter

I read some where that the srixon hat is courtesy of srixon being a sponsor of the nz junior golf program, of which Lydia is a member. Hope this helps dispel any innuendo of "secret payments" to an amateur.

Driver: TaylorMade RocketBallz 10.5-deg
Woods: Cobra Bio Cell+ 3W and 5W
Hybrids: Bobby Jones Workshop Hybrid 3 (20-deg) and 5 (25-deg)
Irons: Srixon XXIO7 from 6 - PW
Wedge: Srixon XXIO7 GW and SW

Putter: Bobby Grace DCT Captiva 34"; Ball: Sirxon Soft Feel; Shoes: Footjoy

Originally Posted by MEfree

A teen won this year on the Men's tour and Women tend to mature physically before boys.

Yeah.   And LPGA's age cap of 18 is ludicrous.   Just ask Wie who peaked at age 14 and was bigger than some PGA players at that age .

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3864 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!