IGNORED

how to counterbalance open face from rbz driver

moonducks
Note: This thread is 3916 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Face determines initial start line so just aim the face where you want the ball to start.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3916 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• TST Partners

Golfer's Journal
    ShotScope
    The Stack System
    FlightScope Mevo
    Direct: Mevo, Mevo+, and Pro Package.

Coupon Codes (save 10-15%): "IACAS" for Mevo/Stack, "IACASPLUS" for Mevo+/Pro Package, and "THESANDTRAP" for ShotScope.
    • The fact that I live in a world where there is a such a thing as "golf influencer" bugs me!
    • FWIW I just measured a 2% slope on my practice green at 9 feet and it was 9-10" of break from the center of the cup. 
    • Day 5 - Mostly grip work, trying different things, feeling the changes when swinging.
    • Most of people does it! (but none over the ball) Gave it time.. Hehe...  Funny story... almost a decade ago I started to aim 3..4 fingers away from penalty hazards on long shots. At 270 yards, each finger is around 10 yards sideways (I got to that number experimenting at my home course and using google maps). Been my dispersion around 70/80 yards this almost put the penalty hazard out of play for me. But most importantly I found a way to measure distance sideways on a golf course.  Of course till today everybody ask me what am I doing with my fingers on tee shots, even on approach shots.  Last year, playing a mid-Am I was paired up with a guy with a caddie, the caddie was his friend but also a decent golf PRO. After a couple of holes he asked me what I was doing and he pulled out his phone to show me an app or "system" that can be purchased were it tells you how much a finger is in yards from different distances. Of course if I could figure out how to measure distance sideways in a golf course many people can do the same and make it a trend an even sell it so... you never know! Thanks for the info. The patch is getting worse... more accurate but less intuitive to follow. I rather look funny doing aimpoint on my knee and just use 1 simple formula than using this patch.    I invite you to measure it yourself, don't trust my numbers. Even your arm length, height and finger width are going to change the numbers. Over the 3 footer was clear that my fingers were farther away from the hole standing up than the others. (even with the arm stretch issue i will explain in the next paragraph) Over the 9 footer I agree with you that it should be the longest of the 3 but in practice it wasn't. My best guess is the arm position on each set up. Standing tall the arm is in front of the body aiming a little down, really easy to stretch. Kneeling, because of my spine been tilted forward (20/30°)  the arm is aiming to the front but more up been a little harder to stretch. Laying on the floor the arm is pointing over the shoulders making it even harder to stretch. The less the arm is stretched, the less distance the fingers are from the eyes resulting in bigger results. At this distance it started to matter, but not on shorter ones.     
    • So, trying out different feels with pitching. I find feeling my right hand controlling the movement to produce better results. 

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...