• Announcements

• iacas

Visit FlagstickRule.com   03/13/2017

Visit the site flagstickrule.com to read about and sign a petition for the USGA/R&A regarding the one terrible rule in the proposed "modernized" rules for 2019.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kylemacleod

Ping zing

2 posts in this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2017 TST Partners

PING Golf
    Leupold Golf
    Snell Golf
    Talamore Golf Resort
    Lowest Score Wins
    • That is what I was wondering when taking the practice stroke.  If I make a mark with the practice stroke in the rough or on the fairway...is that a penalty?  Because I see people doing that all the time...but since I am looking at where my divot/brushed grass was pointing as a reference point...is that illegal?  If I wasn't using it as a reference point would that be then legal?  That seems like some murky waters.  People are touching the ground on practice strokes all the time...
    • I activated Steve Stricker for Sunday's round on a lark, and he rewarded me with the low round of the tournament. For once, I made a smart call.
    • You can't make a mark (that you don't remove) for the purpose of alignment. That is against the rules.
    •  I hate the Be Better Golf guy. He gets great guests than doesn't know to shut up and let them speak. Annoying as heck.   I was really surprised by the poor play in that video. I though tthose guys would be better. But I do give them credit for showing their bad shots. They could've only shown the good ones .
    • Got a chance to take some on course video over the weekend. I should do more of this to get a better idea of what my actual swing looks like. I still need to get a new smartphone tripod and I can start vlogging again. Angles are a little off but nothing crazy. Driver   Stance is maybe a hair on the narrow side. The swing looks better than the results would indicate. I really thought I was still getting the club past parallel and across the line. Irons/Wedge   I didn't get a face on of a full iron swing so I'm posting this flighted wedge instead. Not exactly the same thing but it will have to do for now. Big takeaway on the swing is I'm still swinging too far right with the clubhead a little underplane and too shallow. I've been having some low point issues and it seems to make sense. Miss is still on the toe and an overdraw or a push, although from watching my videos again I realized that I still aim to the right, so I think my pushes aren't even as bad as I think they are, only that I'm already lined up right of target to begin with. I'm going to have to change my pre-shot routine to incorporate better aiming. Pitching   I included the full speed video of my pitching because I wanted to look at my tempo. Still pretty Fruit-Ninja-y. Putting Figured I'd take a putting video. This was on the 18th green, after the face on video of my driver and the flighted wedge, so a mini vlog of sorts. I'm trying something out where I hold the putter with only my right hand and then hold my whole hand with my left for stability. I was playing around with distance control because I tend to leave lag putts way short and I noticed that my left hand in the double overlap grip kind of acts as a brake on the stroke. Putting the hands together lets the putterhead pendulum better under its own weight. As you can see I definitely didn't leave the first putt short and the speed on the second putt was perfect. My putting in general has improved since I've gotten adjusted to my putter modification. Aim is a lot better and I'm hitting my lines which is leading to better results on mid-length putts. I also need to read long putts better, just kind of lazy about it, but I'm leaving some second putts longer than they should be because I'm not reading the first putts and aiming properly. I do like the grip change though and I think once I get used to that, the distance control will be better. I have some thoughts on the full swing but I'll hash them out later. Maybe 
  • TST Blog Entries

• Blog Entries

• Today's Birthdays

1. JJ spud
      JJ spud
      (43 years old)
  • Get Great Gear with Amazon