IGNORED

Grips that won't slip out of your hand for a decent cost?

CG031
Note: This thread is 6113 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I really like the Golf Pride Multi compound red and black grips, they seem really good, but they are just wayy to expensive...for like 10 or so grips it's going to cost me about 70 dollars? that's absurd....right now my irons are about a year old but really need to be regripped. They were previously my dad's irons and he used them a TON over the past year. The irons keep slipping out of my hand and I keep hooking them like crazy because I can feel them turn in my hand.

Are there any other grips out there besides Golf Pride. Maybe Winn? Do they make any type of "harder" grip? I don't want something soft because I got the Golf Pride DD2's on my old irons and they weren't too good for the hot weather either.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

I think in most cases, Winn would probably be more expensive actually. In my mind, I've always been a firm believer in you get what you pay for, I paid for the multi-compounds, put them on everything other than my putter, and I love them.

That being said, there are plenty of grips that aren't quite as much that are still great in their own right. The Lamkin Crossline and Golfpride Tour Velvet are both excellent, time tested grips, that are available corded.
In My Bag:

Taylormade: Superquad 9.5 Aldila VS Proto 'By You' 70-S
Sonartec: SS-07 14.0 Aldila NV 85-S
Cleveland: Halo, 3i UST Irod 83-SPing: i-10 4-UW AWT-STitleist: Vokey Design Spin Milled 54.10 & 60.08Slighter: Handstamped Tacoma, 350G in Black Satin w/Sound Slot

check out golfsmith... I saw a package on there for 13 multicompound grips and the do it yourself kit for like 90 bucks, thats really not that bad

Daniel Duarte
905R UST Proforce V2 76g 44" S
904F 15, Graphite Design YS6+
MD Hybrid, 19 Degree, UST V2 Hybrid S
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

check out golfsmith... I saw a package on there for 13 multicompound grips and the do it yourself kit for like 90 bucks, thats really not that bad

It's too much. For a firm winn grip of 11 of them it will run me about 50 bucks...I don't need any equipment besides the grips.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW

if you want the best equipment you have to pay for it... its as simple as that, you could try to find some deals on ebay

they are usually a little lower on ebay

Daniel Duarte
905R UST Proforce V2 76g 44" S
904F 15, Graphite Design YS6+
MD Hybrid, 19 Degree, UST V2 Hybrid S
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

They've got some pretty good deals at Golfsmith at the moment....

http://www.golfsmith.com/cm/browse.php?N=600671

Golf Pride Tour Wrap .580 Round Grip Kit $34
Golf Pride Tour Velvet .600 Round Grip Kit $39
Nike Grip Kit $48
Lamkin Perma Wrap Grip Kit $36
Lamkin Crossline .600 Grip Kit $36
Winn Slipon Grip Kit $58
Medallist Medallist Velvet Grip Kit $17 (quality is compromised slightly)

I bought a 4-iron recently with a GripOne on it and really sticks to my hand, wet or dry. It really allowed me to relax my grip. Very reasonably priced. What I don't know is how long they last. I'm considering replacing all my grips with it.

"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred." Woody Allen
My regular pasture.

Golf Pride Tour Velvet. Good grip about $5 eac

Driver- Geek Dot Com This! 12 degree Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 Stiff
Adams Tour Issue 4350 Dual Can Matrix Ozik Xcon 5

Hybrids- Srixon 18 deg
Srixon 21 deg Irons- Tourstage Z101 3-PW w/Nippon NS Pro 950 GH - Stiff Srixon i701 4-PW w/ Nippon NS Pro 950 GH-Stiff MacGregor...

Golf Pride Tour Velvet. Good grip about $5 eac

Yeah, some places even cheaper then that. I think I'm going with that or the Taylor Made standard RAC grips (which are already on the clubs.)

thx for the help!!

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW

Yeah, some places even cheaper then that. I think I'm going with that or the Taylor Made standard RAC grips (which are already on the clubs.)

Stay away from the TaylorMade TGT grips at all cost. They are the worst grips on the market by far. First thing I do every time I buy a TM club is re-grip it. GolfPride Tour Velvet are great grips and cheap, but nothing replaces the Multi-Compound.

In My Bag
Driver: R5 TP 9.5 Diamana
3 Wood: V-Steel 15* UST V2
5 Wood: R7 Steel
Hybrids: Heavenwood 20* UST V2 Rescue Mid 22* UST V2Irons: RAC LT2 5-9 Project X FlightedWedges: RAC Black TP 47* 51* 55* 60*Putter: White Hot 2 BallBalls: One Black

You might want to check here for cheap Multi Compound grips. The 13-piece of them without kit (grips only) go for around $55 excluding shipping.

I'd like to make a recommendation for you to try on Iomic grips. They last longer than regular grips and they're not made of rubber. Usable on wet and dry condition. Although they're more expensive, like stated above they last longer so you don't need to re-grip too often which in the end will cost you more. I urge you to try at least one Iomic on your driver or whatever club you want and see how it works for you.

What's in the bag:
Driver: r7 SuperQuad 10.5° ~ UST Proforce V2 65g Regular
Wood: 906F4 18.5° ~ Aldila VS Proto 80g Stiff
Irons: MP-60 3-PW ~ True Temper Tour Concept S3
Wedges: Vokey Oil Can 252.08, SM56.10 & SM60.08Putter: Marxman Mallet 33"

I'd like to make a recommendation for you to try on Iomic grips. They last longer than regular grips and they're not made of rubber. Usable on wet and dry condition.

Ouch. For $16 ea. they better last about 10 years or more to be cost competitive with with the Tour Velvets I use (about $2.50 ea.). I'm pretty easy on grips, keep them clean and conditioned and I will normally get about 2 seasons out of a set of grips.

They look like interesting grips but spending over $150 to grip a set of clubs seems kind of excessive.

What's in my bag (most of the time)

Exotics 12°, Aldila VS Proto 65S
Exotics CB1 4W, 16.5°, Fujikura Stiff
3DX DC Ironwood 20°, 23°, 26º Hybrids, Proforce V2 Stiff Acer XP905 Pro 6-PW, Dynalite Gold S300Inazone CNC Spin Satin GW 50°/8°, SW 54°/14°, LW 58°/4°Boccieri...

Ouch. For $16 ea. they better last about 10 years or more to be cost competitive with with the Tour Velvets I use (about $2.50 ea.). I'm pretty easy on grips, keep them clean and conditioned and I will normally get about 2 seasons out of a set of grips.

Yeah, I know. That's why I said try one Iomic and see how it feels. My friend has one on his driver and feels like it sticks to your hand throughout the swing. I, myself have Multi Compound on my clubs. I wanted Iomic grips but the price discouraged me.

I just thought one grip ($16) on a driver wouldn't hurt the budget that much, now would it?
What's in the bag:
Driver: r7 SuperQuad 10.5° ~ UST Proforce V2 65g Regular
Wood: 906F4 18.5° ~ Aldila VS Proto 80g Stiff
Irons: MP-60 3-PW ~ True Temper Tour Concept S3
Wedges: Vokey Oil Can 252.08, SM56.10 & SM60.08Putter: Marxman Mallet 33"

Just buy the best one you like and can afford. everyone wants the top of the line for the price of the cheap ones.

R7 9.5 S Shaft
560 R7 quad R shaft
RAC LT irons
Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum

I was surprised and once my Dad saw the grip condition of my irons, he said it was fine that I could get the GP Multi Compound - so that's what I did. Just installed them today, they look pretty good. They say they dry in an hour but I felt them after about 3 hours and they are still moving just a little. Hopefully they'll be fine for tomorrow.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW

Note: This thread is 6113 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!