IGNORED

My Swing (JKolya)

JKolya
Note: This thread is 3271 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Working on address and backswing only. Any better on posture? I noticed my body is swaying towards target in the FO view, and moves slightly down/forward on DTL.

I feel like at address the shaft to arm angle is really high, almost straight. Of course I have seen the billion Tour Angle 144 commercials, and my angle is like 160+ Is this too high? If so, the only way to go lower is toe up at address (unless I get my clubs adjusted).

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Working on address and backswing only. Any better on posture? I noticed my body is swaying towards target in the FO view, and moves slightly down/forward on DTL.

I feel like at address the shaft to arm angle is really high, almost straight. Of course I have seen the billion Tour Angle 144 commercials, and my angle is like 160+ Is this too high? If so, the only way to go lower is toe up at address (unless I get my clubs adjusted).

Yeah head is moving a little forward, tough to say what is really going on because you're not hitting a ball. Head going forward could be a compensation for the head being a little back at address, kind of a re-centering move. DTL posture looks better, just get the weight centered, will feel like you're more on your toes.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

• 1 month later...

Great to meet you and nice work today Jason!

Before on the left. Left hand grip slightly in the palm, right thumb going down the center of the grip. After on the right, heel pad on top (green dot I drew on your grip), right hand more in the fingers, better right thumb position.

"Softer" right arm from A1-2.

And then just keep pivoting to A4. Really nice here!

Since the arm swing doesn't go as far back, more "structured" at A4 will a full turn, the arms don't get behind the pivot like in the left pic.

On the right, left foot is planted, weight didn't get "stuck" in the left heel. Right foot banked and then released off the ground. Left pic, right foot "twisted" with too much weight on the toes.

• Upvote 1

Mike McLoughlin

• 9 months later...

First time out and swinging since May. I am looking forward to this season. Hopefully I am finally over my injury which only allowed me to play 3-4 times all of last year, and none at all since May.

My focus was on 1) soft right arm on the backswing, 2) limiting my backswing length (which I did not do as well as I thought)(overall not happy with the backswing here, 3) weight forward,  4) arms getting down faster; primary the left arm dropping on the downswing, and 5) not early extending or lifting out of the shot. Previously following my hip bump I would pull my left shoulder up (extending left side, and dropping right shoulder) which caused major casting and topping the ball (and contributed to my chest/rib injury).

My previous miss was either hitting behind the ball or pushing weak shots to the right (severely weak and to the right). Playing nine after the practice session I can gladly say that the ball advanced on every shot and while I hit some fat, I made ball first contact on all. I hit 8 out of 9 fairways (mostly 3 wood or mid iron). Pitching and chipping really hurt me. All of my shots were also very low. I have struggled with my hands being too far forward at impact. Many times my hands are well ahead of my left leg and I have delofted a lot.

What I see in the videos - 1) Head moves forward a lot. I also dip down more than I thought I was. 2) Left shoulder, after going down to 6 o'clock on the backswing, raises a bit. I am not happy with how my backswing looks. 3) As I was focusing on the arms getting down faster, at times I lead with the arms first in transition. 4) Some major follow through issues.

I am currently not doing evolvr as I could not swing forever and did not want to pay for it when I was not using it. Hopefully I will sign up again soon. In the meantime I appreciate any help in identifying a priority piece.

First and third videos cut off for some reason - the V1 software is not finalizing cuts. Working on reinstalling the software now.

• Administrator

Looks pretty good. Head moves, yes, but not much.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Iacas, should the head not be my priority piece? My primary focus was on the right elbow on the backswing and the left shoulder on the downswing. In seeing my swing I realize I am still going too far back on the backswing. I have worked on that a ton in front of a mirror, but once I speed it up I still goes too far.

First vid FO

Impact

Left arm broken down

Looks like hips rotated ok

But left arm impact not solid

Left arm broken down? One thing that I have been conscience of (not necessarily working on) is my hands at impact. For a time my hands were too far forward at impact resulting in a very low ball flight. Are you saying my hands are too far back now?

Spend some time feeling wider (shaft to right shoulder) from A2-4. I talk a little about this in my lesson review. Stick with the same feel from A1-2, soft right arm, just don't let the right arm over-flex from 2-4. This will give you room for the arms to fire down and you can add some "lag".

I also wouldn't worry about the left shoulder staying down on the downswing, if anything it gets too steep on the downswing.

Mike McLoughlin

• 1 month later...
I haven't post in awhile, mainly because I misplaced my tripod. I have been practicing daily focusing on (not all at once): 1) Feeling wider on my backswing (90 degrees at P3). 2) Right wrist cooking correctly, and holding the position longer(bent at impact). Feel like my wrist is not straightening until after my elbow. 3) Right elbow folding correctly. Being able to see the right elbow below my left arm when viewed from face on at P3-P4. Straightening elbow after impact. Feeling like I am pumping my right arm/elbow more than swinging. 4) Transition - feeling weight transfer in a circular way. Slide and rotate together. 5) Leading with right elbow on the downswing. Keeping my forearms/elbows close and tight on the downswing. Feeling like a rotational, baseball switch get. 6) Dropping arms down faster and 'behind' me. Positives when playing: 1) Driving well. Long and straight. Need to feel a rotational baseball swing, arms together and tight, slide and rotate transition. Almost feel whippy (how I view Mickelson). Backswing - feel like I am turning right, over right leg. Feel like my right arm does not rotate. Do not over turn. Negatives: 1)Approach shots and pitching. Need to practice distance control and half swings. 2)Putting - distance control.

Note: This thread is 3271 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!