IGNORED

Castle Tees?

Note: This thread is 3789 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I don't have an official handicap but I know the calculations to working it out and last time I did it was 16.3. I have since got even better so I will let you know in the future. You should know that when you register to this site you must put a handicap to proceed further.

I never knew how much forgiveness there was with tee's I just automatically thought you have to tee it up right every time and this just came with more experience (the reason I always used castle tee's). Thanks for the info though and I am currently watching your 5SK videos they are really helping me out.

I'm curious, why did you enter a hcp that was so far away from you actual ability, self-calculated or not?

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm curious, why did you enter a hcp that was so far away from you actual ability, self-calculated or not?

I actually thought 27 was given to people without an official handicap so I just put that in to get past registration. I don't want to put my actual hcp in until i've officially got it. Just feels like I am lying to myself lol.

I actually thought 27 was given to people without an official handicap so I just put that in to get past registration. I don't want to put my actual hcp in until i've officially got it. Just feels like I am lying to myself lol.

If you're actually calculating it yourself, there's nothing at all wrong with using that number here......even a best guess is better than nothing.  The hcp gives a lot of insight to an individual's skill and experience, and oftentimes experienced members and the instructors on the site will tailor a response based on the skill level of the person asking the question.

Now, in the greater scheme though, what's keeping you from establishing an official hcp?  It doesn't take any time, and costs next to nothing.  It sounds like you're pretty serious about the game, so I'd encourage you to do so as soon as possible. :beer:

In David's bag....

If you're actually calculating it yourself, there's nothing at all wrong with using that number here......even a best guess is better than nothing.  The hcp gives a lot of insight to an individual's skill and experience, and oftentimes experienced members and the instructors on the site will tailor a response based on the skill level of the person asking the question.

Now, in the greater scheme though, what's keeping you from establishing an official hcp?  It doesn't take any time, and costs next to nothing.  It sounds like you're pretty serious about the game, so I'd encourage you to do so as soon as possible.

I think i'm just trying to get as good as I can before I do it. I mean I don't even know how you do it. I would imagine a pro goes out with you and takes down your score (x3) then calculates it ect ect. I would just be extremely nervous if he was watching and knowing it was for my hcp lol. I am a lot less nervous now when playing with other people but I would ideally like to wait until the bad weather passes to get a bit more distance and better lye (lie?).

How does the whole process work then?

On topic - I have just picked up some long white wooden tee's so I am gonna give them ago.

I think i'm just trying to get as good as I can before I do it. I mean I don't even know how you do it. I would imagine a pro goes out with you and takes down your score (x3) then calculates it ect ect. I would just be extremely nervous if he was watching and knowing it was for my hcp lol. I am a lot less nervous now when playing with other people but I would ideally like to wait until the bad weather passes to get a bit more distance and better lye (lie?).

How does the whole process work then?

On topic - I have just picked up some long white wooden tee's so I am gonna give them ago.

I'm going to have to defer to the members in the UK for the actual process over there, but I'm sure it's pretty similar to that over on this side of the pond.  You pick a club (it's doesn't have to be private) and pay an annual fee.  Over here it's about $25.  You then enter your scores, either at the club or on-line, and your hcp is calculated and available to use in competitive events.

Nothing to it......and certainly no need to be "good".  In fact, the whole purpose of having a handicap in the first place is so that players of differing abilities can complete with each other on a relatively level  basis.

In David's bag....

I'm going to have to defer to the members in the UK for the actual process over there, but I'm sure it's pretty similar to that over on this side of the pond.  You pick a club (it's doesn't have to be private) and pay an annual fee.  Over here it's about $25.  You then enter your scores, either at the club or on-line, and your hcp is calculated and available to use in competitive events.

Nothing to it......and certainly no need to be "good".  In fact, the whole purpose of having a handicap in the first place is so that players of differing abilities can complete with each other on a relatively level  basis.

So you just put your scores in yourself? What if people lie on the score card?

Thats where I am going wrong. I only pay green fee's I don't pay to be a member. It's not much more so I think I will do that for sure. Thanks.

My handicap process in the UK was:

- Play an "official" round with other existing members who score my card.
- Hand in 3 cards signed by members.
- Handicap is calculated by the club.

I know there are also online services that will calculate your handicap based on scorecards but I don't know how "official" it really is.

Another option if you just want to know the handicap but don't need it registered for competitions etc is to use an app or website like Golfshot and enter your scorecards each time you play. Very useful if you'd just like to get an idea on your standard.

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

My handicap process in the UK was:

- Play an "official" round with other existing members who score my card.

- Hand in 3 cards signed by members.

- Handicap is calculated by the club.

I know there are also online services that will calculate your handicap based on scorecards but I don't know how "official" it really is.

Another option if you just want to know the handicap but don't need it registered for competitions etc is to use an app or website like Golfshot and enter your scorecards each time you play. Very useful if you'd just like to get an idea on your standard.

Ah ok thanks for the help. I also heard you can play a round with someone who is a member at another course.

Note: This thread is 3789 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!