• Announcements

• iacas

GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Contest   09/22/2016

Join our GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Challenge to win an autographed GAME GOLF, a Pebble Steel watch, and many more great prizes!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mike8750

Titleist 710cb vs Mizuno MP-30

3 posts in this topic

Hi. Im new here ad have a question. 1st off im a 9.8 handicap (although I just recently shot an 89) ~~ So I have a set of Titleist 710 cb's . Im missing the 9 iron (lost it somewhere) and a new one will cost around 165. Used they are about 90- 125. I ran in to a set of Mizuno Mp-30s for 150 ( 3-P). Now ive never owned Mizuno irons. I hit them today and they felt like butter (I love my 710 btw). I now the Mp-30s are older but I.M.O iron technology doesn't change. So my question should I ditch my 710s for the Mp30s or fork up for another 9 iron. I don't know if its a lateral step or a step down or up going to an older set of Mizunos. Thoughts?

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

If the Mizuno's fit you well, you might as well go that route IMO… always nice to have a second set of clubs. I wouldn't say that iron technology doesn't change but it doesn't change much, especially with regards to player's irons. I'd say that it would be a lateral step.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I agree with Tristan, there isn't much that changes with a forged players cavity back.

Are you saying a new 710 9 iron would be $165?  You can get one of the 714 irons for $140.  It might be worth it to check out ebay for used 710 sets since you like them so much. Here's a set for $279

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades