IGNORED

Swing Video - Correcting the cut I don't want

Note: This thread is 6128 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Here's my video link on you tube. I've been having some issues off the tee. I keep the ball in play but the distance just is not there. I continue to cut the ball and am having issues straightening the ball out. At this moment I can only turn a ball over right to left maybe 2/10 swings. I know nothing about the golf swing, I've only been playing this great game for 4 years and have never had the opportunity of taking professional lessons. Any help would be great!!

Daniel Duarte
905R UST Proforce V2 76g 44" S
904F 15, Graphite Design YS6+
MD Hybrid, 19 Degree, UST V2 Hybrid S
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

i can see on your backswing, you pull the club inside and then at the top you straighten it out, what helps me to go dead straight is Keep your arms perfectly straight forming a triangle with the arms and the shoulders. At about 3/4 bend your elbows and go paralell, coming down, straighten your arms again, this will ensure a square club face on impact.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

6.2 index in 4 years is impressive without a lesson.

Your hips are sliding all over the place, that can't help.

What's In The Bag
Driver: TM Burner stiff
3i Cleveland Hibore Hybrid
3-6: MX-23
7-PW: MP-60 Project X 5.5SW: Golden Bear hybridLW/GW Cleveland 60* and Tour Edge 50*Putter: two bar rifle malletBall: NXT TourHome Course: Raintree CC 70.7/126 North 71/130 Southhttp://stink.net

I've definately noticed that... if I stay really still and keep my head completely over the ball I have a very, very tough time getting the face squared up on the ball. It seems to result in a dead push right.

I'm getting the ball out there its just right now it seems I only have one shot shape with my driver, its really bugging me.

Daniel Duarte
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

asides from the constant hip swaying and the inability to remain parallel at the top of my swing how is my tempo?

Daniel Duarte

I've definately noticed that... if I stay really still and keep my head completely over the ball I have a very, very tough time getting the face squared up on the ball. It seems to result in a dead push right.

your hips are sliding toward the target to compensate for the lack of turn you have, could be a flexibility issue but you'd be best off getting some lessons even from an assistant pro if you have a good one at your club.

one drill you may want to try is hitting the ball with your feet an knees touching, not shoulder width apart. this keeps your hip slide in check as you naturally want to keep from falling over. I can hit the same distance in this stance as my normal stance, give it a try but sign up for lessons in the mean time.

What's In The Bag
7-PW: MP-60 Project X 5.5SW: Golden Bear hybridLW/GW Cleveland 60* and Tour Edge 50*Putter: two bar rifle malletBall: NXT TourHome Course: Raintree CC 70.7/126 North 71/130 Southhttp://stink.net

it also looks like you have your wrist cupped and the clubhead open at the top, ask the instructor about that one.

What's In The Bag

tempo is something i feel is natural. it is what it is and you need to time your swing accordingly. looks like you are coming outside in on the downswing. something simple you can try is grab a club in your living room and make a real slow swing and as you start your downswing take you left shoulder at take it up and not arround like in the videos. that will force you to drop from the inside. just start slow and then work it into your swing. that is the main thing that got me away from slicing and now my natural shot is a draw.

-matt

Driver: 09 Burner 10.5 Aldila NV 65 X Stiff
3wd: G10 14* Aldila NV 85 X Stiff
Hybrid: G10 18* Aldila NV 105 X Stiff
3-PW: I10 X100
Wedge: Tour 52* & 58* S400Putter: Circa 62 No.2 35" Ball: Tour IXLowest 9 (-E) 36Lowest 18 (+2) 73

last night I hit the range really hard, something I rarely do because I'd rather spend the money to play than hit off astro turf mats. I started to turn my right hand over, or I believe, at impact. I'm actually turning the ball over with the ability to control the trajectory.

just have to square away my driver, I can hit a number of shots on command with my irons and wedges but this long stick is bothering. Whatever the issue is is a pure swing flaw, flexibility is there. I've played hockey my entire life and even though I'm a big guy I'm very athletic.

Daniel Duarte

Your Tempo is good, you pull the club back slowly and then accelerate through. I notice you do something kind of funky with you left leg. Your knee turns in towards your body, and that leg is not still, the front leg on your swing should be kept still until the finish. Im not sure If it has anything to do with your cut. It could not be a problem at all, just osmething i noticed. Its almost as if your knee snap locks into place and then unleashes when you swing its interesting.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

well your cutting the ball because at your top swing it doesnt look like your letting the club fall down naturally, you shift it, and then you come in ever so slightly from the outside in. you can see it in the video that is behind you.

Note: This thread is 6128 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!