• Announcements

• iacas

Introducing TST "Clubs!"   08/28/2017

No, we're not getting into the equipment business, but we do have "clubs" here on TST now. Groups. Check them out here:
Sign in to follow this  
dpingley

Ebay sellers "Authentic-obtained directly from manufactuer" ????

dpingley    0

Many of the Ebay sellers of golf clubs(most with very positive feedback and high volume of sales) claim they sell authentic clubs obtained directly from the manufacturer. Should you assume that there TaylorMade clubs are obtained from TaylorMade in Cal. or from the manufacturer in China which may, or may not, be the real deal?

CR McDivot    37
Many of the Ebay sellers of golf clubs(most with very positive feedback and high volume of sales) claim they sell authentic clubs obtained directly from the manufacturer. Should you assume that there TaylorMade clubs are obtained from TaylorMade in Cal. or from the manufacturer in China which may, or may not, be the real deal?

Easy enough to check with OEM to see if dealer is an authorized distributor.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2017 TST Partners

Talamore Golf Resort
    PING Golf
    FlightScope Mevo
    Mission Belt
    Snell Golf
    Frogger Golf
    PitchFix USA
  • Popular Now

• If you find the course fairly empty on an afternoon, play some holes and practice situationals. Do you have a hole with four greenside bunkers that you often bogie? Well, drop two or three balls in each bunker and see how close to the pin you can get. You may realize that the 56* is ideal for three, but the fourth bunker requires a 60* because you need to get the ball up quickly. Do you have a dogleg that gives you trouble? Hit a couple of shots each with a driver, 3W and hybrid, see which one sets you up best for the second shot. A short par 4 dogleg right that lasers out to 190 yards at the corner. Can you readily get the ball up high enough to cut the corner and get an easy chip for up and down? Try it with driver and 3W and see if it works. If you normally fade the ball, can you hit a teeshot draw into a fairway that drains all the tee shots off to the right? Try it out during on-course practice.
    • As you know, Chuck, I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum. Playing for scores/tracking handicap hasn't interested me as much the past couple of years, because I just know I've got some fundamental things wrong going on with my swing. I have felt that if I can just make a big breakthrough with my mechanics that my new baseline will be better than the "bogey golf" standard that I've typically played to, without lessons. I've played on and off my whole life un-seriously, and I've always been about the same. Then again, why would I get better if I'm not really changing anything? I decided that my home-grown "swing my swing" mechanics have hit their limit, so I've been pretty determined to just do what it takes to get better. It has definitely been more difficult than I had thought it would be, but I think I'm improving and changing things- even if not as fast as I had hoped. If nothing else, I'm certainly aware of what I need to do more than I was! I won't always favor practice over playing, and I'm still hoping for a breakthrough (sooner rather than later- perhaps months away) where I'll be happy again to get out there and play as much as I practice. Hopefully more. You've seen all the threads on practice and learning, but I'll include the couple that keep me motivated below. Like Erik is saying, it's not a secret.  I find it motivating to put into practice the ideas about making changes "unconscious" in the thread about stages of learning. If that's not motivating to you, I guess I don't know what to say. It just keeps me going and is as simple as that. In my mind, if you don't really seek out to change something, there's little chance you'll be advancing your game to where you want it long-term.  
    • I like the ideas you mentioned above... especially the 18 holes of up & down from various, difficult lies.  

As for the short game, right now it's definitely hurting my scores.  Prior to this weekend, I went over my last 17 scorecards and I counted 53 putts from 6 feet and in that I missed over those 17 rounds.  A lot of them were 3 and 4 feet.  I didn't bother going through the short game misses, but I can count at least 8 times over the 2 rounds I played this weekend where I was greenside (or close to it) and I hit especially poor shots.  

Overall, I converted just 1 of 15 up & down opportunities for the 2 day tournament and I finished 8 strokes behind the winner.  It's been a weakness for awhile.  I took a short game lesson the Friday before last that has me at least making clean contact and not hitting it fat anymore... but my tendency now is to hit it 15 - 25 feet past the hole.

I'm gonna play 18 tomorrow morning and then on Wednesday morning before meetings, I'm gonna spend some time at the short game area and I'll try out what you listed.  That should keep me engaged.  

I've got a 3 day member guest event Thursday, Friday and Saturday... so, I'll have plenty of on course time too.  

Thanks for the suggestions.  Simple, but not something I would have thought of doing on my own.  It's in my wheelhouse too because I like to keep scores and stats, so... I can do that with an up & down challenge like that.

CY
    • Why? You could just welch on the bet like you did here.</burn>
    • Hate the arm position here too. Shoulders very flat. Ugh.
  • TST Blog Entries

• Blog Entries

• Today's Birthdays

1. Dresilved
      Dresilved
      (52 years old)
    2. kpetrina
      kpetrina
      (25 years old)
    3. Luana
      Luana
      (39 years old)