IGNORED

Favorite Irons/ Cleveland TA6 for me. What's yours?

Chzbykr
Note: This thread is 3736 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've tried pings, Callaways (hawkeye), yonex, Titlest 962's. My fav. came on a lark buy on craigs list for $125 for the ta 6's. They are purest I've used. just recently thought I'd upgrade these and bought a set of Cleveland CG7's thinking that newer tech might be better. Gave them 2 weeks and sold em. I'm sticking with TA 6's. What's yours? and why?

Personally I'm absolutely in love with my current irons (Mizuno Mp-64). They are buttery soft if you hit the sweet spot. I LOVE to work the ball and I can do that with them all I want. They spin well and I can bring the ball back through an 8 iron and I can get the 4 iron to one hop and stop but it is wet. I can hold greens through the 4 iron on the simulators. If you want any more info feel free to PM me!

Sam Gray

Whats in my :ping: Ping Hoofer Carry Bag?
Driver: :ping: Ping G25 9.5*    Shaft: Graphite Design AD DI 7x
3 Wood: :callaway: Callaway X HOT Pro 3 Deep 14.5       Shaft: Diamana Blue Board 83x
Hybrid: :adams:
 Adams A12 prototype 20*  Shaft: Aldila Rip NV blue prototype 80x
3 iron--Pitching Wedge: :mizuno: MP-64 irons 1* flat      Shafts: KBS Tour Stiff 
Wedges: :cleveland: 588 Forged 54 degree 12 degree bounce and 61 degree 9 degrees bounce   
Putter: :ping: Ping Karsten 1959 Anser 2

I played Taylormade Tour Prefered blades in the 1990's that I have fond memories of. I also have a set of sweet 690 MB's that I keep around for fun. I've run through Callaway X12, Cleveland TA 5, Ping I-3, TM R7 TP, Ping Zing Berrylium (but not in that order) along with the current Mizzy JPX 800's, but my favorites are the first two.

That being said, I'm picking up my new MP-54's in about an hour, so it may change

I loved my Mizuno MP-14's but just upgrade to the MP-4's which for the few times I've played them have felt really good. Find out more once this damn cold weather gos away. :-)

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Of all the different sets I have owned, I can't see me getting rid of my 695MBs any time soon.  It probably has more to do with the shafts, but I have no hesitations towards using any club out of that set whereas with other sets, I always had an iron or two I would try to avoid using.  That reminds me, it's almost time to polish them up for the upcomming season!

Note: This thread is 3736 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!