IGNORED

bethpage

Note: This thread is 6236 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

my cousins and i are planning on playing bethpage black and i want to prepare in advance. first of all, what is the best way to get on the course(were willing to do anything)? secondly, (maybe a stupid question) is it worth all of the trouble(not just concerning the course but everything...like how you are treated, etc.)? thirdly, how much does it cost and when is the best time to play it? and finally are juniors discouraged from playing it(im 16 and shoot from about 75 to 82 on tough courses and lower on easier ones)?

in my bag
driver: r9 with Fujikura Motore 65g stiff shaft
3w-5w: Sz with stock shafts (aldila hm) stiff
irons(3-pw): s59 stiff
wedges: 52deg. rac satin vokey spin milled 56deg. putter: xg9ball: b330rx

first: i meant is it worth staying over night
second: i meant are the staff there intimidating(to juniors) because i went somewhere last month and one of the staff members made up some rule that juniors couldnt play that day (i asked another person and he said he was lying)

in my bag
driver: r9 with Fujikura Motore 65g stiff shaft
3w-5w: Sz with stock shafts (aldila hm) stiff
irons(3-pw): s59 stiff
wedges: 52deg. rac satin vokey spin milled 56deg. putter: xg9ball: b330rx

first: i meant is it worth staying over night

If you are going with some friends, I would do the overnight thing just for the experience. That's the easiest way to ensure you get off before noon - especially if you have four guys.

I've never found the Bethpage staff to be intimidating - but some of them are ornery - mostly a couple of the older guys. Just kill them with politeness. I don't know if there is an age-limit, but if you have a valid drivers license you can make a reservation, so I'm assuming if you have a foursome of all 16/17 year olds, its not a big deal.

my cousins and i are planning on playing bethpage black and i want to prepare in advance. first of all, what is the best way to get on the course(were willing to do anything)? secondly, (maybe a stupid question) is it worth all of the trouble(not just concerning the course but everything...like how you are treated, etc.)? thirdly, how much does it cost and when is the best time to play it? and finally are juniors discouraged from playing it(im 16 and shoot from about 75 to 82 on tough courses and lower on easier ones)?

Best way to get on, especially if you are from out of state, is to sleep in the lot with the rest of the overnighters. If you want to play during the week, you need to get there around 4 or 5pm the day before. If you want to play on Saturday or Sunday, you need to get there about noon or 1pm the day before. I played last Friday, got there at 1:30pm and drove by the numbered parking spaces for the overnighters and there were already half a dozen cars there for Saturday times. For out of staters, The Black course is $100 during the week and $120 on weekends. The Black does not allow motorized carts - so you have to hoof it. As long as you guys have driver licenses, I don't think you would have a problem getting out.

Hey Soup I am from Huntington also we have to tee it up some morning early on the red or black?PM me and we can set it up.

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

Note: This thread is 6236 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!