IGNORED

Putting Drills?

jcrew
Note: This thread is 6097 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

70% of the time i can get it to within 6-7ish feet from anywhere around the green including the fringe, greenside bunker, up to 5-10 yards out

That was sort of what I expected. It sounds to me like you have a mental block against the putter. Any of the suggestions on this thread are likely to work for you. For me, when I get the yips, I have to re-convince myself that I have confidence in the putter. This usually involves a fair amount of practice from varying lengths and a switch in putters.

Good luck, and hopefully you can use the mental image of a good chip to help you on the green. After all, they are very similar.

1) Get a pre-shot routine, it might take a couple re-iterations but get one with like 5 or so steps involved, don't make it too long. Make sure you do each and every step, every single time. You can use this for chipping or even full shots as well. Do all your calculating before your pre-shot routine but once you start your routine do each step the same each time from start to finish. If you get interupted, step back and start over. This is going to get you thinking of the routine instead of the shot and its result.

Great point. However, the key is to

stick to this routine on every putt . Even the 2 footers. I have worked on this in practice lately and find that when I committ to following my pre-shot rountine on the course I putt well. After a bad putting round when I reflect back I find that I did not stick to my rountine on every putt and therefore missed putts I should have made.

TEE - XCG6, 13º, Matrix Ozik HD6.1, stiff
Wilson Staff - Ci11, 3-SW, TX Fligthed, stiff

Odyssey - Metal X #7, 35in

Wilson Staff - FG Tour ball 

Note: This thread is 6097 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!