IGNORED

pinemeadow vs gigagolf vs diamond tour etc.

Note: This thread is 2965 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Out of curiosity does anyone know whether the Pursuit range by Gigagolf is an original design or a clone line? and if clones, do you know which brand they are imitating? Since writing the above comment I have bought a full set of clubs from Gigagolf and sold the Diamond Tour clones. I had all the irons checked for loft, lie and length by a local fitter and he said they were spot on for me. Thumbs up to Gigagolf on that one, the fitter said no entry-level OEM set even comes close to that with 2* errors either way not being uncommon.

I am now playing:

Driver> Pursuit Tc420 - classic looking club, performs well with Graffaloy Prolaunch Red stiff shaft and Lamkin crossline oversize grip. I've had it built to 45 inches and am getting a few less yards than with previous drivers, but much straighter, possibly due to the shorter and stiffer shaft. Off the tee it yields 250 to 270 yds with my swing, I know the extra 10 yds will cost me dispersion. The sound off the face is very loud, it depends if you like that, I guess that's due to the Carpenter steel face insert. I don't mind, I like the clear feedback it gives me. I have tried a couple of OEM drivers and might well buy one in 2016, if I can find a classic design smaller head, I'm not a fan of the bulky flashy trend and can't fork out $500 for the latest Titleist, by all means would like to stay under $200, until now I haven't found the one. I've had 4 drivers from component houses and this has clearly been the best.

3W> Pursuit ps550 - +0.5" long with the same shaft as the driver, does very well off the tee, even more accurate than the driver, a bit shorter 235 to 250 yds. Mishits are very decent. I'm not very comfortable hitting it from the deck unless the lie is perfect, but that's probably the Indian. For me this club is as good or better than any club from OEMs I have tried, performs incredibly. The only reason why I would look to replace it is to have more differentiation in shot capabilities vs the Driver.

4H> Pursuit ps550 - +0.5" long with a TT Dynamic Golf S300 shaft. Fantastic club, I am amazed that I can hit perfectly straight or slight draws almost 90% of the time with this club, with distances around 210-220 y. My favorite, and not in the list of possible replacement. Anyway I can't see any of the OEMs rushing to offer steel shafted hybrids, and for my part I am more likely to get a steel shafted wood than a graphite shafted hybrid.

3I-9I> TRX v11 - +1" long and +1* upright lie with TT DG S300. These are typical cavity back cast steel Super Game Improvement clubs. 3I and 4I stay at home usually. Very pleasant clubs to hit, huge sweet spot just like the RBZ, but no shot shaping capabilities. Contact can be a bit clunky. For gapping I regret not getting the PW and GW to match, and the full set of clubs would have been easier to re-sell. Generally I feel these clubs have done their "game improvement job" while I was taking my Index down from 23 to 16 over 1 year. As I try to get my index closer to single digits I think I will need to relace these clubs, reluctantly. I am very keen on the Maltby DBMs and am looking for an opportunity to try them out, I look forward to checking out reviews on the forum.

8I-PW> Pursuit c510 - +1" long and +1* upright lie with TT DG S300. I have no problem playing these clubs, and depending on the mood I leave either the TRX 9I or the Pursuit 8I out of the bag, I hit either around 130y, which makes sense because they have similar lofts and lengths. I carry either 2 8I or 2 9I depending on the arrangement, for gapping purposes. The TRX range is much more forgiving, the Pursuits are more of a player's club and give more feedback, and I think I probably control them better. I am quite happy with them, only issue is the paint used inside the cavity is not great. If I get the aforementioned Maltbys I'll probably drop these, although I am quite happy with them. An alternative would be to complete the Pursuit range down to 4I, could be much cheaper.

52 and 60> Pursuit s510 - +1" long and +1* upright lie with TT DG R300. Classic forged blade wedges, perform superbly for my taste. I have reviewed them earlier but after 1 year of usage it is still the love story. I am not comfortable hitting them at full speed yet so I can't seem to get more than 80 and 60 yards respectively out of them. Again, probably the Indian.

56> S2 Black Matte - +1" long and +1* upright lie with TT DG R300. I wanted to have a club with more bounce and swing weight to play from sand traps in particular, I am still not doing very well in that area and might consider another sandwedge. That's the only area where I have really been impressed by an OEM club I have tried, the Cleveland smart sole sand wedge a friend of mine had let me use felt much easier to use and I can't see any quality clone out there. Suggestions welcome, dishing out $129 is not an option.

Because the Maltby DBMs have the PW at 46 I might want to switch to a 50, 54 & 58 combo, which is the only reason I would switch clubs. I am not sure what bending these 2* to achieve desired lofts would do to the bounce. Maltby has some interesting wedge offerings I might look at, or suggestions of quality components would be welcome.

Thanks!

On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2015 at 7:06 PM, acerimusdux said:

That's 12 clubs, anyway. And a week ago I think they had a 10% discount promo, so you might have ended up at about $290 including the shipping.

Totally agree. I would take your selection over any off the shelf supermarket brand at the same price any day, and even the cheapest OEM full set bags for 500-600$ would not match up. My point was on a bang for your buck basis obviously not everybody wants to shell out $200 on premium shafts and grips.

8 minutes ago, LagShaft said:

It's my understanding that Giga  golf typically copies Ping.

The TRX range looks more like TM to me?

The Pursuit range is sort of retro-style no idea what they are copying do you know?

I'm not sure which of the current GG clubs you think are Ping clones?

Edited by Polemix
premature submission

Well a few years ago when I checked into them their shtick was get a ping fitting then call us... Can't say anything bad about their equipment I'd actually planned on doing just that but never gotten to it.  They must have moved on to the next manufacturer now.

2 hours ago, Polemix said:

Totally agree. I would take your selection over any off the shelf supermarket brand at the same price any day, and even the cheapest OEM full set bags for 500-600$ would not match up. My point was on a bang for your buck basis obviously not everybody wants to shell out $200 on premium shafts and grips.

The TRX range looks more like TM to me?

The Pursuit range is sort of retro-style no idea what they are copying do you know?

I'm not sure which of the current GG clubs you think are Ping clones?

The P3 is a knockoff of the PING G25 driver. The TRX series rips off Taylormade while the GX series rips off Callaway. I don't immediately recognize what the Pursuit series' origins are.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

You won't lose a thing performance or quality wise using any of the companies you mentioned, but you can get 2-3-4 yr old OEM clubs used and new at super reasonable prices. So pick out something you like and go for it!!

I'm playing Diamond Tour irons right now and have been for the most of the past 3-4 yrs. They are the best set FOR ME that I have played and you can ask some of these old timers here, I have played many. They were built RIGHT by a friend who is meticulous, not just cut and glued.

The irons & wedges in my signature are new old stock that I will be building for next year.

These are what I play now.

001_zps8djblyax.jpg002_zpsnmdkxovn.jpg003_zpswvbsdlpw.jpg

I just realized this thread was started almost 2 yrs ago.

2 hours ago, LagShaft said:

It's my understanding that Giga  golf typically copies Ping.

Then you do not understand. They may have used similar designs in the past, but you can look yourself and see that is not the case. They use some original designs and more open mold designs along the way.

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

On 12/17/2015 at 9:08 PM, Polemix said:

Out of curiosity does anyone know whether the Pursuit range by Gigagolf is an original design or a clone line?

I believe GG uses the "Pursuit" brand as their premium line, not really meant to compare with any one manufacturer.  As for the CB and MB irons, I think they look a little similar to Epon AF 301 and AF-Tour.  But probably directly inspired more by something like the old Titleist 690 CB and MB forged.

I also think the CB head is probably the exact same head as this Orlimar Tour 2:

Orlimar-Golf-Tour-2-Iron-Set-3-PW-Mens-R

So they are probably sharing design costs in some instances by sharing designs with other small manufacturers.

On 12/17/2015 at 9:08 PM, Polemix said:

I had all the irons checked for loft, lie and length by a local fitter and he said they were spot on for me. Thumbs up to Gigagolf on that one, the fitter said no entry-level OEM set even comes close to that with 2* errors either way not being uncommon.

This is probably the main advantage with GG; that included in the price is custom building them to your desired fit. 

Here are some of the Pursuit forged a friend just built. They are an open design used by many.

IMG_20151216_103129199_HDR_zpshv5w4lqj.j

Edited by LBlack14

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

• 2 months later...

If you are looking at buying their clubs I would strongly urge you to spend 5 minutes to read the entire review.

Unlike most people who have left reviews I actually went to a professional club fitter that has a Trackman radar system. The Trackman is a $20,000 dual radar system that is used by almost all PGA tour pros. It tracks every possible aspect of your swing from the plane, angle of attack, ball speed, spin, club head speed, ect... Here are the actual results which you can view at the link below.

All shots were done with a 7 iron. I tested the Mizuno JPX, Ping le1, Nike Vapor, Callaway XR, and Cobra Fly Z. If you would just like a summary you can proceed to the 2 points below.

https://trackmanfilesus.blob.core.windows.net/publicfiles/96a8d2cb-ff88-412f-9715-579603ae5a75/Sterling%20Suhr%202015-07-25%20Multi%20Group%20Report.pdf

1.) Ball Speed - On average the Gigajunk had a 9% low ball speed. Why is this so important you might ask...keep reading.

2.) Carry Distance - On average with the name brand clubs I had an average carry of 167 yards with the 7 irons. With the Gigajunk irons I had an average carry of ONLY 146 yards! That is a 21 yards less carry with a 7 iron! Ask yourself this...would you rather take a 7 iron into the green or a 5 iron? I think you get the point.

The next point is for all of those who think they will just try the clubs and then send them back under the "30 Day Play Guarantee". I got the "return merchandise" email from Gigagolf on July 31st of 2015. I then sent the clubs back which they confirmed they received them via email and via audio recording, of which I have both.

After a month had passed I emailed them to say I did not get the refund. They said they would send it out right away. I never received it so I emailed them 2 months later. They have continued to say they would send it but never have. It has now been 7 months and still no refund.

I have tried 2 sets of their clubs on the Trackman and both sets of clubs performed just as poorly. ALL of their clubs are terrible and I would highly recommend avoiding them. For only $100 more you can get a name brand set that will blow them away.

For Gigagolf....you can send the refund or I can continue to post these reviews on every possible location I can find. I could really care less about the money but I do care about companies ripping off consumers. While $300 doesn't really mean anything to me, I don't want to see you screw someone who can't afford to lose it on an inferior product.

Note: This thread is 2965 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!