• Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
    Optionally enter a message with your report.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• TST Partners

Golfer's Journal
    ShotScope
    The Stack System
    FlightScope Mevo
    Direct: Mevo, Mevo+, and Pro Package.

Coupon Codes (save 10-15%): "IACAS" for Mevo/Stack, "IACASPLUS" for Mevo+/Pro Package, and "THESANDTRAP" for ShotScope.
    • May I just say that these are insightful and extremely pertinent observations. I think it is fair to be skeptical of almost anything involving a celebrity. Or that is posted on YouTube - for example, many of the “heart-warming” animal rescue videos are obviously staged. We are supposed to believe that people just happened to be ready to shoot professional quality video when they spotted that puppy? Ridiculous. And AI is only going to make all of this much, much worse.  A lot of the post-Open praise for Bryson seems to be along the lines of, not so much what a great guy he is, but what a savvy user of media tools and what an efficient self-brander he has become. I suppose this makes sense because a lot of people have goals in that direction and might look at him as a model.   
    • As I understand it, the score is considered "returned" when the 15 minute period has elapsed AND the player has left the scoring area.  That's the way I read the abbreviated explanation you quoted, but I haven't read the complete official wording.   I don't know the details of the "scoring system" or what it means by the score being "validated".  As you and I both know, its the detailed wording of the rule that matters, not the press release summarizing the changes.  This complication is one reason I'd resist making the change, rules in general should be as simple as possible, and this change makes it much more complicated in my mind.   That it happened to a "star" is what made it important to them.  If it happens to a nobody, there would be no change.  Or if it happened to a "villain", think Patrick Reed before he left for LIV, nobody would care.  Its not "who often", its "who".  
    • Right when you sit on the toilet. 
    • Matt, all of the above requirements to certify the scores and steps of any changes still stand. A DQ is very much in effect for not meeting any of them after the 15 extra minutes to use an honest eraser (EDIT: with the marker's agreement) if necessary.  

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...