IGNORED

leave clubs in trunk in hot weather?

Note: This thread is 6907 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

OK, this might be a silly question, but since the weather here in the northeast US has suddenly turned hot and humid, I was wondering if it's OK to leave my clubs in the trunk of my car. Will the heat warp them or do any sort of damage?

OK, this might be a silly question, but since the weather here in the northeast US has suddenly turned hot and humid, I was wondering if it's OK to leave my clubs in the trunk of my car. Will the heat warp them or do any sort of damage?

I wouldn't guess it could do any damage. The materials really aren't sensitive to the heat. The only issue may be with adhesive...labels and such. It would have to get pretty damn hot to actually ruin them though. I keep mine in my truck. I have an extended cab, and the entire cab backseat has become golf club storage.(wife doesn't want them in the house...too much shi* in the garage) lol.

In my Arsenal.
Driver: R580 9.5°
Irons: Nike CPR Steel 5-PW
Woods:
Nike T40 3 Fairway Nike T40 5 Fairway Hybrids: Nike CPR 22° Nike CPR 26° UST Irod ShaftSW: Nike 55°Forged Chrome SeriesPutter: Nike Blue Chip putterBalls: Nike One or Callaway Warbirds

The only thing you need to be careful about is the ferrules....the little plastic ornament above the club head.

They can expand and then begin to slide around. Not a big deal, but I take my clubs out just in case.

What's in My Bag?

Driver: Taylor Made 510TP 8.5 w/proto Aldila NV 65X
Wood: PT 15 bore thru, X100
Hybrid: 503H, 19 deg, S300Irons: 680, 3-PW, Freq. Matched X100Wedges: Black Nickel Vokey 54.10, 60.08Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport Oil CanBall: ProV1x

I don't suppose that mild you heat you boys face on the east coast would do much damage.....here is sunny AZ you don't even keep a piece of gum in your vehicle for fear of it turning into "The Blob"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Never leave your clubs in the trunk during the summer time!!!!!!!! I've seen a lot of heads come loose from their shafts because of epoxy break down. Its not just ferrules coming loose that you have to worry about, but the heads themselves.

Leaving your clubs in the trunk for an extended period can weaken epoxy. But most manufacturers have upgraded their epoxy over the last few years. It costs less money to spend a few more cents per club on stiffer epoxy than having to handle repairs/replacements under warranty.

I kept my clubs in the trunk every day I lived in San Diego and never had a ferrule or clubhead come loose in more than 3 years there.

What is more likely to suffer damage are your grips and your shoes. The heat and humidity in the trunk will cause rubber and leather to break down more quickly. You just have to balance the pros of always having your clubs at the ready vs. maybe having to regrip your clubs and/or buy new shoes a little more often.

As for the actual clubheads and shafts, they should be fine at extreme trunk temps.

in the bag today:
Driver: TaylorMade R9 10.5° (Fujikura Motore 65 stiff)
3-wood: Tour Edge Exotics XCG (Aldila DVS Fairway 75 stiff)
hybrid: Sonartec Md 21° (UST Proforce V2 Hybrid 85 stiff)
4-PW: Titleist 755 (Titleist TriSpec Regular)Wedges: Titleist Vokey Design 252.08 bent to 50.5° (Oil...

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I live in Florida and have never had a problem with my clubs being in the trunk, but the glue on my shoes gave out one day after leaving them in the car for a week. The whole bottoms fell off on the third hole, and the club we were at didn't have any shoes for sale,, it was like playing in mocasins.

Why anybody in greater New York area would leave there clubs in the car is beyond me.But I don't think the heat will bother them just the thieves.

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

Note: This thread is 6907 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!