IGNORED

Swing Analysis???

Note: This thread is 6112 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am finally getting a chance to get on a swing monitor this afternoon. I am taking the wife out to dinner this evening in Columbia, SC and I will have a chance to get by Dick's or Golf Headquarters. Which should I go to? The last time I was in the Golf Headquarters the guys working there wouldn't give me the time of day, so I think I will go to Dick's. Are they as accurate as a "dedicated" golf shop?

Thanks for the opinions. I hate asking these type of questions. (like what type of irons should I get???)

My Sticks:
DriverFT-5 9.5° Tour Accuflex Creation 65g Stiff -or-
:R7 Superquad Redboard Stiff
Woods::TEE CB2 Accuflex Creation 80g stiff
Irons:755 cb 4-SWWedges: CG10 Black Pearl 52,56,60Putter::Seemore Black FGP 34.25"

I would stay away from Dicks at all costs. The people at Golf Headquarters are A-holes. I used to live in Columbia, and never found a good pro shop to have any work done at. If you had to pick one or the other I would pick Golf Headquarters, but they are both pretty bad.

PS.... I have only been to the GH on Harbison, so I am not sure of the quality of their other locations.
In My Bag
Driver: R5 TP 9.5 Diamana
3 Wood: V-Steel 15* UST V2
5 Wood: R7 Steel
Hybrids: Heavenwood 20* UST V2 Rescue Mid 22* UST V2Irons: RAC LT2 5-9 Project X FlightedWedges: RAC Black TP 47* 51* 55* 60*Putter: White Hot 2 BallBalls: One Black

So, you are taking the wife out for dinner and you are going to stop in to play around on a launch monitor on the way there? Um, good luck with that - I'm sure that's what she has in mind for a date night.

Bag: Grom
Driver: HiBore 10.5° Fuji Stiff
3W: V-Steel 15° Graphite Designs YS-6 Stiff
3h-4h: Bobby Jones Stiff
5i-PW: CG4 Steel StiffWedges: 588 DSG RTG 52°, 900 RTG 56° Low bounce, Reg. 588 RTG 60°Putter: Dead CenterBalls: Pro V1 Speed Cart V1Home Courses: Riverdale Dunes / Knolls,...

I never said she was going to go with me to hit a couple. I have already planned to drop her of at the mall. Bwinger that is the only one that I know of in Columbia. They are worthless but I will try to put up with them. They always look at me like what are you doing here?

Thanks for the replies!

My Sticks:
DriverFT-5 9.5° Tour Accuflex Creation 65g Stiff -or-
:R7 Superquad Redboard Stiff
Woods::TEE CB2 Accuflex Creation 80g stiff
Irons:755 cb 4-SWWedges: CG10 Black Pearl 52,56,60Putter::Seemore Black FGP 34.25"

There is one over on Two Notch also. I get the same thing from them every time I have been in there. Its like you're bothering them buy going in there for anything. Made me take my business elsewhere. Good luck. Maybe someone that actually wants to help will be working when you go in.
In My Bag
Driver: R5 TP 9.5 Diamana
3 Wood: V-Steel 15* UST V2
5 Wood: R7 Steel
Hybrids: Heavenwood 20* UST V2 Rescue Mid 22* UST V2Irons: RAC LT2 5-9 Project X FlightedWedges: RAC Black TP 47* 51* 55* 60*Putter: White Hot 2 BallBalls: One Black

Free Ballin:

Check one of these two guys out:

http://www.proclubmakers.org/pages/index.cfm?ID=1321

http://www.proclubmakers.org/pages/index.cfm?ID=1803

I found them through the Professional Clubmakers Society site. They're both PCS "Class A" certified club makers (the highest certification they award), and will no doubt give you a much better (and more personable) fitting than a pump-'em-out chain like Dick's.

Good luck, whatever you decide. And if you do go to an independant fitter, ask HIM what irons you should buy. Chances are he'll have a better handle on which clubhead will fit your swing best.

Kudos on taking the wife out

Bag It:

3-Wood Wishon 525 F/D, 13*, Matrix Studio 65gm, Golf Pride Dual Compound
Hybrid: Wishon "321", 24*, MSF 85 HB, Winn DSI
Irons: Wishon 770CFE, Matrix Studio 74gm, Winn DSI

Putter: Odyssey DFX 2-Ball

Bag: Some big, honkin', ridiculous overkill of an Ogio cart bag with more pockets than I have teeth.

"They always look at me like what are you doing here?"

Don't give scum like that your hard earned cash. Let the jerks got out of business!!!

Taylormade r7 460
Callaway X 3 Wood
Callaway X 5 Wood
Callaway X 7 Wood
Callaway X Hybrid (24*)TaylorMade r7 Irons (5-PW)Mizuno MP-R Series Wedges (52,58 degrees)Ping G2 Anser Putter

Note: This thread is 6112 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!