IGNORED

Lower Back Fitness

Ryanralston12
Note: This thread is 3572 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Recent news discounts positive effect of drug, Paracetmatol, aka Acetominophen as found in Tylenol and other OTC meds for relief of lower back pain.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/07/23/us-health-paracetamol-back-idUSKBN0FS2GD20140723

Of course, not all lower back pain has same cause and  some meds may offer relief.  I do know some guys pop 3 or 4 before activity, and maybe 3/4 after in hopes of less pain or more mobility. Also, above study only considers one part of body.  Tylenol may offer benefit to other joints.

I learn so much from TST.

Great vids...

While I attempt overall exercise - Joey D, Rowing, Kettlebells, stretching, I also use a foam roller and sport ball for back, butt, and legs (front and back). My recent pickup was a Teeter Inversion Table ...  they had some blemished or returned machines. I've used it for a little over a month and it helps the back. It also helps get blood into the brain and gets those vessels working for you. Can't do complete inversion for very long, but one can get it at about 60 deg, more or less, with comfort for 3-5 minutes. I start out the day with it, and after workouts, golf, mowing the lawn, etc..

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I was on the course the other day and my play partner mentioned 'inversion table' (IT) and i wondered the benefits. News report i just read found very little , if any, benefit of IT for low back pain.  Cautions for those with hypertension, glaucoma or heart troubles. If you are unfamiliar with the 'upside down' position the blood rushing to your head and eyes esp can give you short term problems.

I was on the course the other day and my play partner mentioned 'inversion table' (IT) and i wondered the benefits. News report i just read found very little , if any, benefit of IT for low back pain.  Cautions for those with hypertension, glaucoma or heart troubles. If you are unfamiliar with the 'upside down' position the blood rushing to your head and eyes esp can give you short term problems.

Yes, I heard the same thing for a couple of years - caution.

I am a guy with coronary issues, and like anything else, I use machines as a tool to obtain the results I want. Like any machine or sport, don't overdo it. Read the second to last sentence of my post.

I found that going immediately to  full inversion, places a lot of pressure into the head -- so don't do it. I go to slight inversion, then 60 degrees and relax, then later, full inversion briefly to stretch things out. You do not need to go full inversion to obtain the benefits. When I go to full inversion, it's not for more than 15 seconds or so.

There are critics of inversion like any therapy. I can talk about actual use. Typically, I would strain a back muscle for weird reasons - bend over and not lift anything, lift a little too much weight, etc. weird stuff that typically occurred twice a month ...

Not since I began using the Teeter. And it's a quality table. Your mileage may vary.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3572 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!