IGNORED

Swing Path and Club Face Angle

Note: This thread is 3614 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

All,

I recently purchased the Swingbyte and it's data is great. However, I'm trying to understand something from the numbers it's giving me. I'm currently fighting a bad hook. I wish I could say draw but it's not :) When I look at the pro swing that they have as comparison on a 9 iron for example, they are showing that the Club Path is 9 degrees inside out but the club face to path is 1.8 degrees open. Does this produce a push draw?

I'm not trying to fall into the paralysis by analysis so just want to understand what I need to do for my swing to try and achieve these types of results.

Thanks!

All,

I recently purchased the Swingbyte and it's data is great. However, I'm trying to understand something from the numbers it's giving me. I'm currently fighting a bad hook. I wish I could say draw but it's not :) When I look at the pro swing that they have as comparison on a 9 iron for example, they are showing that the Club Path is 9 degrees inside out but the club face to path is 1.8 degrees open. Does this produce a push draw?

Here's how I read it. Path is 9 degrees outward and the face is 10.8 degrees right, so it would produce a push cut. IMO it is pretty rare to have the face aimed that far right and swinging that far out to the right.

If you do tend to swing too far outward I would look at this drill, hips and shoulders might not be open enough.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The swingbyte does not have the ability to see the target line, it sees the target line in relation to where the club is pointing at address and then it uses that to let you know how open or closed it was at impact. So if you take the club back and you fan it open a few degrees that can really throw off where your face really was pointed at impact.

5 Simple Keys® Associate

"Golf is not a game of great shots. It's a game of the most accurate misses.

The people who win make the smallest mistakes." - Gene Littler

I never use the Swingbyte anymore. It tends to slip around the shaft and suddenly you go from an inside out swing to an OTT swing, or visa versa. Make sure it is reading the correct thing, first.

Maybe hot gluing it to a dedicated practice club would work.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Note: This thread is 3614 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!