IGNORED

Clubmakers

jowlar
Note: This thread is 6105 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I was wondering if anyone does any club repair or clubmaking. I do a little for fun and for friends. I am trying to find a good and inexpensive putter grip alignment tool, I looked at the one that golfsmith sells but it doesnt seem to be much better than eyeballing it. Any suggestions would be appreciated?

At my shop I just eye ball it, do enough of them and it gets pretty easy.

If a player is really picky then I will usually do the grips with them close by, with the grip still a little wet then they can adjust a little to suit their eye.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I've been slapping together my own clubs for years...but never really got beyond the 'check the swingweight' and glue it all together aspect of it...

You should try using the Swing Weight measurer. It really balance your club so you can have a good tempo.

BTW, In putter allignment, you just stand with your putter, and your eyes should be directly above the putter head.
Whats in my Golf Bag:
Driver: Nike Sumo 5000
5 Wood: Mizuno MP-001
Iron: Mizuno MX-950 5-PW
Wedge: Cobra FP 60 degrePutter: Odyssey 2-BallBall: Yellow balls

I don't claim to know the answer, but some seem to prefer to line the grip up to the shaft and some to the putter head, depending on putter type possibly?. Is this just my imagination?

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

Like Evarardo, we do enough that we can tell...but if in doubt, you can check buy laying the club on the table, flat part of the grip, flush on the table, with the head hanging over the edge...and you can confirm if the head is perpendicular to the table top using a protractor.

Bag #1
DRIVER: TourSwing TVC 10.5*w/VooDoo
FW: Geek 15* w/Graman Limey
FW: TourSwing Thunder 19* w/Graman Limey
HYBRIDS: #4 #5 Alpha RX Low w/Graman LimeyIRONS: Nakashima NP-2 w/Accra i SeriesWEDGES: Same as abovePUTTER: Slighter Olympia #1

What does designing your own equipment line entail? I.e. what kind of costs would one be looking at to have a Ping G5 quality line?

I was thinking about proposing to a company that I do work for to come out with their own line of clubs to cut costs and maintain quality...

Note: This thread is 6105 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!