IGNORED

I can use some edcucated guesses on some cheap clubs I purchased for a friend.

Note: This thread is 3604 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey gentlemen, I have recently picked up a used set of lefty clubs for a friend because I am trying to antagonize him into getting started. It was pretty cheap as per his request ($50) for the set. It included a Taylor Made Burner 3 fairway wood. A mizuno TC Mid Plus 5 fairway wood. Iron wise it included oversize King cobra II , 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, PW, and Taylor Made Burner SW LCG. The irons I am pretty comfortable about. What was also included was a Mizuno TC Mild Plus with an IMS off the side. There is also a Taylor Made BURNER 3, appears to be a fairway wood. (I am obviously a beginner but the price seemed to have little risk. The issue I am having is I can not seem to find these exact woods (Mizuno and TM) anywhere on the web. I was hoping to post a picture and see if any of you guys recognized them and can tell if maybe they are knockoffs. Hope the pics came out well enough to give you an idea and appreciate any insight you can throw my way. Price couldn't have burned me too bad, but I would still like to know what to tell my friend he bought.

Going to be tough to find info on these clubs because they came out in the mid 90's. They don't look like knockoffs.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I can tell you that TM is in fact a Burner, most came with a Bubble/Burner graphite shaft, I had the driver, reg shaft, and 10 degree head. The mizuno I can't help you with, sorry. Re: the TM, back then, 1995-1997 I found it to be a decent driver, and pretty easy to hit well, so it should be an o.k. club for your friend. IIRC, they did have a bit of an issue with the shafts getting broken, usually it was a shatter near the hosel.Think I paid 179.00 new for mine.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I can say the TM came with a Taylor Made bubble 2 shaft S-90. Even with the uncertainty of the Mizuno, I think I am pretty comfortable knowing for the overall price paid ($50), he got a decent starting set of clubs to get gowing with. He already had a decent driver (forget which) and a putter so with a bag he will be on his way to start getting terribly frustrated and then begin his infatuation. Thanks guys, big help.

Note: This thread is 3604 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!