IGNORED

Flipping, Slicing and other swing cancer

Leek
Note: This thread is 6093 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Most of the post asking for help on here are symptoms of flipping, slicing and being off plane.

If I could help everyone, I would teach them:

Learn a proper grip for you.

Learn to setup perfectly square, with your hips, feet and shoulders all square.

Learn how to have a flat left wrist (right wrist for lefties) at impact.

Learn what on-plane is, and drill yourself on how to get and stay on plane. Ringer once posted that being off plane is like trying to push a car sideways. He is right!

Learn to make a divot on EVERY iron shot that starts after impact and bottoms out about 4" past impact.

Forget fad swings, this month's hot Golf Digest or Golf Magazine article. Just get great at the fundamentals. There is NO SECRET!!!

Driver- Geek Dot Com This! 12 degree Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 Stiff
Adams Tour Issue 4350 Dual Can Matrix Ozik Xcon 5

Hybrids- Srixon 18 deg
Srixon 21 deg Irons- Tourstage Z101 3-PW w/Nippon NS Pro 950 GH - Stiff Srixon i701 4-PW w/ Nippon NS Pro 950 GH-Stiff MacGregor...

No, there is no secret, but all the tips and "fads" you mention are really just different ways to achieve most of the things you laid out in your post. If there's one thing I've learned in my first year of golfing it's that different people learn different ways. What worked for me doesn't make any sense to my wife or my golf buddy.

No, there is no secret, but all the tips and "fads" you mention are really just different ways to achieve most of the things you laid out in your post. If there's one thing I've learned in my first year of golfing it's that different people learn different ways. What worked for me doesn't make any sense to my wife or my golf buddy.

Actually, I both agree and disagree with you.

"Fads" are just fixes for specific swing flaws. If you don't have that flaw, you will get worse. I agree that different people learn different ways. That's where a good instructor comes in. A fair instructor can tell you a few ways to do something. A good instructor maybe 10-15 ways. A great instructor probably knows 50 ways. I think my post is more about the questions that pertain to panic, or the replys that tell people to do things that aren't very sound.

Driver- Geek Dot Com This! 12 degree Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 Stiff
Adams Tour Issue 4350 Dual Can Matrix Ozik Xcon 5

Hybrids- Srixon 18 deg
Srixon 21 deg Irons- Tourstage Z101 3-PW w/Nippon NS Pro 950 GH - Stiff Srixon i701 4-PW w/ Nippon NS Pro 950 GH-Stiff MacGregor...

Note: This thread is 6093 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!