IGNORED

Playing Lessons

srjorion
Note: This thread is 6089 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

How many of you have had playing lessons, and if so how have they been helpful to you? What did you learn that you didn't know before?

My pro has been extremely helpful over three lessons on the range. He has helped me fix many problems, from casting to not having the proper weight shift to releasing the club early. Now I'm hitting the ball very well on the range but having problems taking my game to the course. I decided it is time for a playing lesson so I'm hoping I'm going to learn a lot that will help my game.

If you have had a playing lesson, was it what you expected?

I'm excited to be honest. I feel I have a lot to learn.

SRJ
In my bag:

Driver: FT-5, 9° stiff
Wood: Big Bertha 3W/5W
Irons: X-20 TourWedges: X Tour 52°/56°Hybrids: Idea Pro 2/3/4Putter: Black Series #2Ball: NXT Extreme/NXT Tour

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I would suggest "pre-playing" the round on paper before you meet with the pro... Sit down and seriously evaluate how you want to play, considering all aspects of course management... Do it as well as you can.

By doing this, you will be able to discuss with the pro how you attack the course, and then the pro can offer the best advice possible... If you dont think about any of that stuff before hand, during the lesson you may find him repeating a lot of stuff you already know. This way, you can short circuit that and get right to the stuff you may be missing.

In addition, you will benefit most if you play the way you play.... if you want to grab a 5 iron, grab a 5 iron... or at least be honest that you would want ot grab that club... even if you should be using a strong rescue. This way, the pro can best evaluate your course management and club selection.

Playing lessons arent cheap but they can provide a lot of benefit, as long as you put the work in before hand and are honest about your playing and your mental attitude.

Thanks AndrewM. Good advice.
In my bag:

Irons: X-20 TourWedges: X Tour 52°/56°Hybrids: Idea Pro 2/3/4Putter: Black Series #2Ball: NXT Extreme/NXT Tour

Wow, the playing lesson went very well today. Luckily there was some wind and I really learned a lot about figuring distances based on wind, pin position, and where the trouble is. I was hitting clubs I would have definitely not chosen if it had just been me.

Overall an awesome experience. Fortunately for me I have some time this week to go play!
In my bag:

when ever i see that stuff on tv it really makes my swing messed up

Chris Nunes,17 yrs old

In My Bag:
Woods:Nike Sasquatch Tour Model (Driver), Nike Sumo 3 wood
Irons: Callaway X-Forged (Project X 6.0)Wedge: Callaway C Grind 58 degree,Titleist Volkey 54 degree (oil can)Putter Cleveland Classic 2 or Scotty Cameron Santa Fe teryllium "Everyday you miss practicing it...

Note: This thread is 6089 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!