IGNORED

Titleist 690.CB's vs. Titleist DCI 990's

Note: This thread is 6102 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey folks,

Here is the issue. I have a chance to get either one of these sets off a local man who is retiring his gear. I asked him if I could take them for a couple of rounds before I made the decision, but he wasn't comfortable with that idea. So my question is this. Has anyone had experience with either set? If so what did you think?

PS- Is anyone else as excited as I am about the Tiger/Phil pairing this afternoon!?!
In My Bag:

Driver::Louisville Golf - Smart Persimmon 9.5*
Irons:CG2 3-PW
Wedges:Reg. 588's (SW, LW)Putter:Studio Design 1Ball:Pro-v1Bag:Pro Stand Deluxe

not the same but used to own a set of dci 962's, luv them. i've hit the 690's like the look, not a bad set..
HiBore XL Tour 10.5* Fujikura Speeder 652 Tour Spec X-Flex
HiBore 15* FW Aldila 70-S "Proto By You"
Hibore 2i Aldila 80-S "Proto By you"
MP-67 3-pw *Project X 6.0
MP-R Black Nickel wedges 52*-7 56*-10 60*-5 *Project X 6.0 GM2 Exchange #6 Staff Bag

i have some 990 that i just passed down to my little bro i love them and he loves them there was a time when we where fighting for them now i have 695mb i also love them. what is very nice about the 990 is very solid to hit u can work the ball they are pretty foregiving. i still like the look of the clubs even if they are in his bag. once in a while i pick one up to hit now for the 690 nice clubs too but not as foregiving i have a friend that has these they play more like blades but comes down what feels better and looks. if i had to pick the 990 the shape and the of-set just feel perfect

Titleist 905R 10.5* w/ Avix Tour Red 69(X)
Titleist 906F4 13.5* w/ Aldila VS Proto 80(S)
Titleist 585H 17 deg w/ S300
Titleist 690.mb w/ S300
Vokey SM 56 degVokey SM 60 degSCOTTY CAMERON STUDIO STAINLESS NEWPORT 2

Note: This thread is 6102 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!