IGNORED

All shaft lengths the same?

KCNick
Note: This thread is 6101 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Couldn't this be offset by increasing the loft differentials? You could compose a set with 3 lengths. One for 7 iron through wedges (37), a longer length for 3 to 6 hybrids (38.5), and one more for 3 woods (42). Head weights would have to be the same, but if you are long but inconsistent this could work.

I found one set called Purefit Imatch SL that actually made all the irons except the sand wedge the same. They said trying to hit a sand wedge in the bunker with a 7-iron shaft just wouldn't work well. So maybe you'd have to account for that specific club also.

I think the more groupings of shafts you get into, the more it seems like current setups are preferable. It's more different swings, but the same concepts to get to that swing each time. And I think those concepts would end helping more on the course, as iacas said, the course can change your swing based on the lay of the land and ball.

One more try at a different method, then I'm done:

Everything aside, this seems like the reason current setups win over standard shaft length. Eventually, if you could hit your longs as accurately as your shorts, you'd willingly sacrifice a little accuracy down a wide fairway for more distance.

While I still find this topic to be exhausting, I must tell you KCNick that you can not have a 50+ handicap. The maximum handicap a golfer can have is 36. Work on fixing that first and then try to start a intelligent post.
In My Bag:

Driver: taylormade.gif R11 TP 9˚ -Diamana Kai'li 65
Woods: cleveland.gif Launcher FL 13˚
Hybrids: titleist.gif909H 19˚, 24˚Irons: mizuno.gif MP-53  5-P Wedges:  mizuno.gif MP-T11 50, 54 titleist.gifBlack Nickel 58.08 Putter: cleveland.gifClassic Black Platinum #2 Ball: titleist.gif ProV1x -  Hole-in-one 4/17/09 www.colonialcountryclub.org

While I still find this topic to be exhausting, I must tell you KCNick that you can not have a 50+ handicap. The maximum handicap a golfer can have is 36. Work on fixing that first and then try to start a intelligent post.

I don't even have a handicap, I just put that in there when I registered because the last times I've been on a course, what maybe 1.5 years ago I shot something like a 127.

If we're in the mood to tell people what they should be fixing, fix your people skills and then try to start an intelligent reply. In the words of George Brett, "What an ass." If you don't like this thread, because it's so "exhausting" maybe you should stop reading it. There's nothing wrong with someone wondering about a single shaft length idea. It's been proven again and again in this thread that manufacturers have created these setups, so no I am not unintelligent. In fact, I thought of the concept before I even heard of it, and that seems pretty intelligent to me. Gosh, I mean... you have to be a 2 handicap to understand how clubs make the ball go zoom-zoom onto the long green-green thing? Give me a break.

There's nothing wrong with someone wondering about a single shaft length idea. It's been proven again and again in this thread that manufacturers have created these setups, so no I am not unintelligent. In fact, I thought of the concept before I even heard of it, and that seems pretty intelligent to me.

Its also been proven again and again that those setups DO NOT sell. No one plays those set-ups. Just because its a breakthrough in thinking, doesn't make it intelligent.

In My Bag:

Driver: taylormade.gif R11 TP 9˚ -Diamana Kai'li 65
Woods: cleveland.gif Launcher FL 13˚
Hybrids: titleist.gif909H 19˚, 24˚Irons: mizuno.gif MP-53  5-P Wedges:  mizuno.gif MP-T11 50, 54 titleist.gifBlack Nickel 58.08 Putter: cleveland.gifClassic Black Platinum #2 Ball: titleist.gif ProV1x -  Hole-in-one 4/17/09 www.colonialcountryclub.org

• Administrator
If we're in the mood to tell people what they should be fixing, fix your people skills and then try to start an intelligent reply. In the words of George Brett, "What an ass."

You absolutely do not get to criticize someone's people skills and then go off swearing at them and calling them names. Absolutely not. That behavior is not and will not be tolerated here, and this is your first and only warning before a trip to the penalty box.

This discussion has clearly run its course.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 6101 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!