IGNORED

Odyssey White Hot XG 2-Ball SRT

Note: This thread is 6089 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Anyone have or used this putter before? If so, what do you think?

Let me also say I have never been a fan of the 2-ball ever since it was introduced. Or at least I didn't think I was. I thought they looked foolish. However I visited family in Florida last November, played a round of golf and didn't bring my clubs. So I ended up using an older model 2-ball and putted pretty well. I've always thought of myself as a blade style person but recently starting playing around with this putter. I can't believe how well it rolls the ball and it's so easy to line up. I almost feel like I'm cheating. Granted this is only minimal use and I haven't putted that great this year so a shovel might feel good so I'm curious what others think of it. Gimmick or not?

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

eh...i tried one about a month ago, because my putting was really in a rut. i HATED the feel of the insert. went with a Ping G5i Craz-E and am very pleased with the results.

My (current) Sticks:

Callaway X Hot 3 Wood
MacTech NVG2 Mids 4-GW
Cleveland DSG RTG+ 56*/60*Ping G5i Craz-E PutterK. I. S. S.

Yeah, it seems people either love or hate the white hot insert. However, this one seems a bit, for lack of a better word, harder than some previous one's. I didn't like those old mushy one's they had.

Does anyone else have this putter or tried it? I thought this, or a version of it was popular.

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

The 2 ball putters look to big/heavy to me. I recently purchased the Odyssey SG #9 and I just love it. I have been golfing for 25 years and this is the putter for me. (tried the Futura, Aserta Eclipse) I am making many more putts 6 feet and in. Somehow the ball just comes off of the face straight and stays online to the hole. I think it's the combination of the low loft, length (34" eyes over the ball) and the lively insert. It is a semi-mallet putter and the weight is just right. Try one....

Any other 2-Balls out there?

I have the 2-Ball White Steel SRT and like it a lot. Feels very well-balanced and, to me, the aid in alignment and confidence the balls provide is appreciated.

I've got the 2-Ball White Hot XG 2-ball and really like it. Very solid, and good for the long putts when you have to. I find the visual alignment very helpful, and wont be going back to my blade putter anytime soon. I tried the Scotty Cameron Futura and liked that as well, though it has much left 'heft' than the Oddyssey.

I love my Odyessy 2 ball putter.
For the last month I've been trying to use a blade putter and I've gained 4-7 more putts per round since. So I switch back to my Odyessy and for the last round and I got more one putts along with a Birdie and 6 pars putts and I did get 1 3 putt, but that was my fault for not looking for the line before putting.

I will keep it and probably never look back...

I swapped a White Hot no.5 for a 2 ball center shafted XG (its not the STR but they are similar) and i love it. It has a slightly firmer insert than the white hot. I have so much confindence with the putter that i can do not need to line the ball up to the hole as i used to. I just put the putter behind the ball and make a stroke.

The other bonus is that you get an odyssey poker chip inside the headcover!!
Golf is a game whose aim is to hit a very small ball into an even smaller hole, with weapons singularly ill-designed for the purpose.
Winston Churchill

Taylor Made r7 425
Taylor Made V steel 3woodCleveland Halo 2hybridCallaway Big Bertha 4-9Taylor Made 48 & 56Taylor Made Tp 52Odyssey XG 2ball...

I swapped a White Hot no.5 for a 2 ball center shafted XG (its not the STR but they are similar) and i love it. It has a slightly firmer insert than the white hot. I have so much confindence with the putter that i can do not need to line the ball up to the hole as i used to. I just put the putter behind the ball and make a stroke.

I was very amazed with the XG 2ball CS putter. That maybe my next purchase.

HiBore XL Tour 10.5* Fujikura Speeder 652 Tour Spec X-Flex
HiBore 15* FW Aldila 70-S "Proto By You"
Hibore 2i Aldila 80-S "Proto By you"
MP-67 3-pw *Project X 6.0
MP-R Black Nickel wedges 52*-7 56*-10 60*-5 *Project X 6.0 GM2 Exchange #6 Staff Bag

Whoa, glad I read this thread - did not realize that was a poker chip in my headcover, thought it was a non-working magnet or something.

I did not like the white hot face, it just sounded crappy and felt too soft. I went with a white steel which gives back that sound I expect and has a bit firmer feel. Ideally I would have taken a Yes! face and married it to my 2 Ball though.
The Good:
Heavenwood 3h
White Steel Two Ball
Orlimar SOS 56deg SW & 60deg LW
The Free:767 Pro Series 3-9iTomahawk 50deg PWKing Cobra 10.5deg Driver (350cc) 10.5deg Intimidator Driver

• 2 weeks later...
I have an Odyssey 2 ball XG SRT putter and like it pretty well, although have been in a putting slump for awhile (me and not the putter). I am going to be looking at the Odyssey Marksman mallet putter too, which looks and putts pretty well too.

Driver: Taylor Made  Rocketballz Stage 2
3 wood: Rocketballz Stage 2
4 wood: Rocketballz Stage 2
Hybrids: Cleveland 20 and 23.5 degree
Irons: Mizuno MP57 5-7, Mizuno MP62 8-9 Wedges: Mizuno MP62 Pitching Wedge, 49 degree,  Titleist Vokey SM4  55.13 (bent from 56.14) Sand Wedge, Titleist Vokey SM4 60.10 Lob wedge

Note: This thread is 6089 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!