IGNORED

Joost Luiten

Silent

Note: This thread is 929 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Well, hard to say but he's having a pretty good season so far, gaining about 25 places on owgr in the last few months. His current ranking is still the result of a bad 2015. Hope he can recover from that and take the final step into tp 50 again.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Luiten will play in the Austrian Open now, last chance to qualify for US Open. Last two times he played there, he was tournament winner once and a year later T2. Game on :-)

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Starting Thursday Luiten will play the Austrian Open. If he wants to play in the US Open, he should either win the tournament, or finish (solely) 2nd. Well, at least he knows what to do.

3 hours ago, Silent said:

Starting Thursday Luiten will play the Austrian Open. If he wants to play in the US Open, he should either win the tournament, or finish (solely) 2nd. Well, at least he knows what to do.

He's done it before, right? Let's go Joost.

Luiten eager to return to winning ways

Joost Luiten is hoping to convert his excellent form this year into an overdue victory at this week's Lyoness Open powered by Sporthilfe Cashback Card. 

The Dutchman has already registered eight top-15 finishes this season, including back-to-back runner-up performances in Spain and China.
Four-time European Tour winner Luiten also boasts a sensational record at Diamond Country Club, having won this event over the Atzenbrugg layout in 2013 as well as third-place finishes in 2011 and 2014.

"It's good to be back," said the 30 year old, who currently lies ninth in the Race to Dubai.

Full article: http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/season=2016/tournamentid=2016044/news/newsid=296723.html#tPwVTyseXdFPdH0E.99

1 hour ago, Scotsclaff said:

I think he needs to shoot 67 or even 66 to win.

You're probably right. Ofcourse a win would be awesome after two second places this season already, but top 2 (maybe, just maybe top 3 is also good enough) in order to qualify for US Open after all would be amazing.

Luiten shot 4 birdies in the last 6 holes, but lost too many shots before that. T6 finishing position and no US Open.

Officially Luiten didn't qualify yet for The Open, but it's almost certain he'll play there because of his Race to Dubai position (inside the top 10 now):

Top 5 and ties, not otherwise exempt, inside Top 20 in Race to Dubai tru BMW PGA Championship

Almost all players in front of him are already otherwise exempt.

That means that after this week he'll play 4 tournaments in a row, something he doesn't normally do. All in Europe though:

- BMW PGA Championship

- France Open

- Scottisch Open

- The Open

• 2 weeks later...

At the BMW International Open Luiten finished T16. A little bit disappointing since being inside the top 10 at Sunday morning. 36 holes in one day was too much for him. 

At the Race to Dubai now 11th, and if I'm not mistaken he's now officialy on the entry list for The Open.

This week the Open de France. Same course as the 2018 Ryder Cup, and for the upcoming Ryder Cup double points this tournament, meaning a lot of big names present.

17 minutes ago, Silent said:

At the BMW International Open Luiten finished T16. A little bit disappointing since being inside the top 10 at Sunday morning. 36 holes in one day was too much for him. 

At the Race to Dubai now 11th, and if I'm not mistaken he's now officialy on the entry list for The Open.

This week the Open de France. Same course as the 2018 Ryder Cup, and for the upcoming Ryder Cup double points this tournament, meaning a lot of big names present.

The National course in France,one of the most beautiful and challenging courses in Europe. This will be the 100th Open de France.

Note: This thread is 929 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!