IGNORED

KLM Open 2014 Discussion Thread

Silent
Note: This thread is 3509 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Zanotti seriously hit from a bad drive from another hole. Police and paramedics on the fairway to take care of him. Looks serious.

~Jorrit

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Still not a lot of people going low. Jimenez and Manassero at +2, Lipsky (last week winner) and Otto (winner week before that) on +4, Storm at +2, Luiten and Blixt at level par. Only top 5 below par.

~Jorrit

Suspension of an hour, play to restart at 12:15. Hopefully Zanotti will be okay, this scares the shit out of me.

~Jorrit

Zanotti on the ground. Reports say he was consious and able to speak on the way to the hospital. Friends (and closeby when it happenend) Aguilar and Gonzalez also withdrawn from the tournament.

~Jorrit

There seems to have been a trend in recent years for players to stop shouting warnings from the tee. It's something that Peter Alliss has commented on, and he's singled out Bubba Watson in particular as being about the worst offender. Without knowing how this happened (being hit on the 16th green from a tee shot on 14 is what I've read) it could be something they might choose to look at? Is shouting 'Fore' and holding a club out really not good for the image? Why wouldn't a player try and forewarn spectators that a badly hit drive is heading their way?

I was thinking the same. No idea if it was the case here (maybe the player in question did shout 'fore'), but I see it all the time. It's a disgrace, and I think factual a breaking of the rules. Everybody who plays golf learns that the HAVE to shout 'fore' to warn other players. Unbelievable a lot of pro's feel like they don't have to and in my opinion if somebody lacks to do that he should be punished with a penalty.

~Jorrit

Thursday, 11 September 2014
Joost Luiten   (Getty Images)
Joost Luiten (Getty Images)
Home favourite Joost Luiten made a perfect start to his title defence as the KLM Open began in The Netherlands.

The Dutchman was level par through 11 holes at Kennemer Golf & Country Club when play was briefly suspended, but stormed home with three birdies and an eagle in his last seven holes for a five under par 65.

That was one ahead of 22 year old Frenchman Gary Stal, who carded 32 on a flawless front nine which included four birdies, and Argentina’s Estanislao Goya.

The delay occurred after this season's BMW International Open winner Fabrizio Zanotti was injured by a ball struck from the 14th tee by Alexandre Kaleka when he was on the 16th fairway.

The 31 year old did not lose consciousness and received treatment on the course from a doctor and a paramedic before he was then taken to hospital as a precaution where he was accompanied by fellow players Felipe Aguilar and Ricardo Gonzalez, who withdrew from the tournament to stay with him.

Read more at http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/season=2014/tournamentid=2014072/news/newsid=235280.html#zb9VxmRY8bpKhx0A.99

~Jorrit

Note: This thread is 3509 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!