IGNORED

Problems with my irons and wedge.

Note: This thread is 6080 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello! Mate's, I have a problem with my swing. Yesterday that I was playing I experienced this encouter of feelings because I was hitting very well my driver. Avergae was like 280 yards and it was going straight, no slice, I was very happy. Also the woods, I was hitting them well.

But, my irons, agrrrr! As I told before in other threads, right now I don't feel very confortable with them so I was missing a lot of shots. And when I hit one good, it was short from the target. What can I do in this case? I hit the ball and then I make the "divot" but I have problem with the distance. For example, I have a 110 yards shot and I have to shot with my 9 iron full swing and I was in the boundary of the green

And finally my SW. I can't put the face sqaure to the ball. I was slicing the ball or hitting the ball before and not reaching the target. I was frustated! Well I still feel frustated! What can I do? I play the ball near to my right foot. But sincerly I don't know what I was doing yesterday that I can hit my SW.

Please give me some advices!

Thanks for your advices!

Regards!

Driver: 905R 9.5° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Fairway: 906F2 15° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Hybrid: 585.H 21° (S300) | Irons: AP2 4-PW (Project X 6.0) | Wedges: Vokey Design 52.08, 56.11 & 60.11  | Putter: Studio Select Newport 2 

www.flickr.com/avm_photo

50 views and no one can help me... T____T

Driver: 905R 9.5° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Fairway: 906F2 15° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Hybrid: 585.H 21° (S300) | Irons: AP2 4-PW (Project X 6.0) | Wedges: Vokey Design 52.08, 56.11 & 60.11  | Putter: Studio Select Newport 2 

www.flickr.com/avm_photo

The issue with your distance might have something to do with improper weight shift in your swing, but without a video it is really hard to answer the questions you are asking. The SW issue, I am not sure if you are hitting it off the hosel or just leaving the face wide open. You need to be more specific about the ball flight, or better yet, post a swing video. Good luck fighting the rights.
In My Bag
Driver: R5 TP 9.5 Diamana
3 Wood: V-Steel 15* UST V2
5 Wood: R7 Steel
Hybrids: Heavenwood 20* UST V2 Rescue Mid 22* UST V2Irons: RAC LT2 5-9 Project X FlightedWedges: RAC Black TP 47* 51* 55* 60*Putter: White Hot 2 BallBalls: One Black

Hitting woods well, not hitting irons well. Are you sweeping your irons? You can get away with it with your woods, not your irons. Hit down dammit.

Nike Sweet 16

Callaway Steelhead Plus 19*

Srixon I-701 3-P

Cleveland CG-16 Black Pearl 52* & 58*

Cleveland VP Milled No. 3

Hitting woods well, not hitting irons well. Are you sweeping your irons? You can get away with it with your woods, not your irons. Hit down dammit.

What is sweeping? I search on the dictionary but I don't find a meaning that convince me.

The problem with my irons is that I can't get distance. For 110 I have to use a 9 iron instead of a PW. I will try to post a video. Regards.

www.flickr.com/avm_photo

Why are you so hung up on hitting your 9-iron further? The key to golf is to know how far you hit something consistently, so you can hit the green from different yardages. If the shot feels bad, then yeah you might try changing something, but if you hit it clean, where's the problem?

Sweeping is when you hit the ball on the upswing instead of downswing, and you have little to no divot.

irons = always have divot start ahead of ball, higher loft=more divot \O__

woods = slightly less divot, sweeping will probably yield good results. _\O_

driver = no divot, hit on upswing __\O

bear with me on the illustrations...

Sumo 5000 10.5 Aldila NV 65-X Driver
PC-III 4-SW irons
Custom Putter
Pro-V1 Balls

So if I were sweping the ball I will have no divot, right? Because almost all the time I make the divot after were the ball was. And I'm worried on the distance because and don't know what I'm making right now but a few moths ago I can hit a 9 iron 130 yards and today I can't hit with it 110 yards T____T

Thanks for advices!

www.flickr.com/avm_photo

Earlier you wrote that you position the ball near your right foot.Why so far back? Are your shots coming up short because your trajectory is low? Are you pushing the balls to the right which could happen if your swing is still on its inside to square track when you contact the ball? If so, move the ball position to your left armpit and don't forget to rotate and shift your hips forward while keeping your upper body static until the forward swing pulls and rotates it forward.

Earlier you wrote that you position the ball near your right foot.Why so far back? Are your shots coming up short because your trajectory is low? Are you pushing the balls to the right which could happen if your swing is still on its inside to square track when you contact the ball? If so, move the ball position to your left armpit and don't forget to rotate and shift your hips forward while keeping your upper body static until the forward swing pulls and rotates it forward.

Thanks for the advice. I will try to put the ball in the middle.

Regards

www.flickr.com/avm_photo

Thanks for the advice. I will try to put the ball in the middle.

The longer the club, the farther up from the middle it should be. I always play my irons in the middle of the stance. I place the ball in line with my left armpit (righties) for the driver and woods.

DRIVER - Tight Lies/Graphite/10°
3 WOOD - Sasquatch/Graphite/15°
5 WOOD - Tight Lies/Graphite/19°
IRONS - X-22/Steel/3-PWAW - SV Tour Black Satin/Steel/52°SW - SV Tour Black Satin/Steel/56°LW - SV Tour Black Satin/Steel/60°PUTTER - Black Series #2/34"

Note: This thread is 6080 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!