IGNORED

First time poster

Note: This thread is 3530 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey guys I have been reading around on the site for about a year now. I just got fitted for the first time today and wanted to hear your feedback on some equipment I was told would be good for me.  I'm 25 years old, 6'4 215lbs. Strong athletic build. I started playing 2 years ago and on a good day I would break 100. Now that I have gotten to where I can shoot 84-87 quite often I decided to get new irons and get fitted. I previously was playing mp 30 irons with a DG s400 shaft. Today when i got fitted my numbers looked something like this.

Ball Speed- 141

Carry- 186

Spin- I want to say 4300 but I'm not all the way sure

All of this was while hitting a 6 iron. I was fitted for an x100 shaft and 3/4 of an inch longer in my shafts. I ended up buying Nike covert 2.0 irons with that suggested shaft and length. I didn't get my previous irons re shafted because it would have been near the same amount of money so I just went ahead and upgraded. so does this sound right? I figured I would need a weaker shaft but the guy said i was swinging the 6 iron at about 98 mph. This was all on a mizuno fitter and his launch monitor. Oh and btw I have a pretty quick tempo.

Just wanted to say welcome, and you've come to the right place, very knowledgeable and experienced golfers here (just not me).

I'm sure someone can help.

brian

Brian   

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hey guys I have been reading around on the site for about a year now. I just got fitted for the first time today and wanted to hear your feedback on some equipment I was told would be good for me.  I'm 25 years old, 6'4 215lbs. Strong athletic build. I started playing 2 years ago and on a good day I would break 100. Now that I have gotten to where I can shoot 84-87 quite often I decided to get new irons and get fitted. I previously was playing mp 30 irons with a DG s400 shaft. Today when i got fitted my numbers looked something like this.

Ball Speed- 141

Carry- 186

Spin- I want to say 4300 but I'm not all the way sure

All of this was while hitting a 6 iron. I was fitted for an x100 shaft and 3/4 of an inch longer in my shafts. I ended up buying Nike covert 2.0 irons with that suggested shaft and length. I didn't get my previous irons re shafted because it would have been near the same amount of money so I just went ahead and upgraded. so does this sound right? I figured I would need a weaker shaft but the guy said i was swinging the 6 iron at about 98 mph. This was all on a mizuno fitter and his launch monitor. Oh and btw I have a pretty quick tempo.

Whatever works best for you is good. It would be almost impossible for someone on the interwebs to say whether those clubs are good or bad for you. hope they work out well for ya.

Anyways, welcome to TST. If you have been reading/lurking for a year, I don't have to tell you all the great info. that you can get here.

Yea I know I'm just really surprised that I was fitted for a stiffer shaft than I was already playing. I did hit some x100 shafts and seem to hit those really well. Hope I can get my irons back tomorrow since I am playing tomorrow afternoon.

Yea I know I'm just really surprised that I was fitted for a stiffer shaft than I was already playing. I did hit some x100 shafts and seem to hit those really well. Hope I can get my irons back tomorrow since I am playing tomorrow afternoon.

Could be that besides your swing speed, the X100's gave a better dispersion rate. Fairways and greens, hope you have a good day tomorrow.

Note: This thread is 3530 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!