IGNORED

Component or Used Brand Name Irons?

Note: This thread is 3533 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So I just sold my irons in order to have some money for new ones. I am kind of an iron snob and only like 1-piece forged irons. They can be muscle back or cavity back. My issue is that the irons I like are all very expensive. Therefore I have looked at used irons and the Maltby TE forged irons.

I have had used irons in the past, but always sell them as find myself wishing I had a brand new set that was all mine. This may be because I have not found the perfect used irons or just the fact that I have a weird thing about things being new when I buy them.

Do you guys think that I should go with the Maltby heads (which I have already read good things about) and pick my own shaft and grips or buy a set of brand named used heads and pick my own shaft and grips, or buy a set of used irons?

Component clubs can be just as expensive as name brands, so it's really a matter of getting what you prefer.  There are a lot of used clubs out there, check Global Golf, eBay to see if you can find the combination of heads and shafts you like.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Component clubs can be just as expensive as name brands, so it's really a matter of getting what you prefer.  There are a lot of used clubs out there, check Global Golf, eBay to see if you can find the combination of heads and shafts you like.

Yeah I think I am going to stay the used route but just be more picky about the shafts than I have been.

Note: This thread is 3533 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!