IGNORED

Comming back from Sciatica? Degenerative Discs

luggage
Note: This thread is 3523 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'll try to be brief. I'm 71 and used to play 2-3 x week. Following a laminectomy (L4/L5) and recommended physical therapy, given ok  to try to hit some balls while taking it easy. Began hitting easy pw/9iron. Proved a disaster. several months later Doc said now I have problems with L6 and S1.  Recommended fusion or pain management.  I went with pain management.  Low dose of Tramadol each day keeps me active.  Again tried to hit some ball with wedge.  Really hurt for days after.  Thinking it may be having to bend over so much and the back twist I almost gave up.  Instead I found some hybrids and high degree medal woods/hybrids.  It felt great.  I think it may be the longer shaft.  So I'm ok with driver, and misc. assortment of metal woods but what to do around green i.e. going over bunker.  I know I can choke down and just grove a swing.  The highest degree wood I have is 27 degrees.  I know the purest may  say that isn't golf.  You know what?  I don't care if it allows me to play the game I love so much. What would anyone's ideas be for the best club around the green. I know I can't stop the ball but have to depend on the roll but that's ok too.  What is the highest degree of metal wood?  I could always put longer shafts on my wedges???  Thank you for any thoughts./

Note: This thread is 3523 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!