IGNORED

2015 Masters Help

jet66
Note: This thread is 3508 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm hoping for input from those who have attended the Masters Tournament in the past to get some input on do's and don'ts to make the tournament special for a group of executive guests. This is my company's first time entertaining guests in Augusta, and we want to get it right (and I'd like to keep my job!). If this isn't the appropriate place for this type of thing, thank you for indulging me...and if you could point me to an appropriate forum, I'd appreciate it.

I'm hoping for input from those who have attended the Masters Tournament in the past to get some input on do's and don'ts to make the tournament special for a group of executive guests. This is my company's first time entertaining guests in Augusta, and we want to get it right (and I'd like to keep my job!). If this isn't the appropriate place for this type of thing, thank you for indulging me...and if you could point me to an appropriate forum, I'd appreciate it.

Not sure if this helps, but if your guests are not blown away or appreciative to the beauty, venue, tradition and history of the masters, then perhaps you have invited the wrong people or to the wrong event. I guess if there is any strong suggestion I have, it would be " preparation" of expectations t your guests. Setting the expectations with your staff and guests. They will not be treated as special guests, or entitled to special circumstance, there are guidelines for all the patrons, ( for example cell phones and cameras are forbidden) they need to understand there are no replays, unlike a college football game need to be quiet and behaved. there will be crowds of highly educated golf enthusiasts and they will need comfortable walking shoes, umbrella, possible rainwear and attire. As we have seen in the past it can be cold, warm, hot, pleasent or drizzle rain with wind. Augusta is actually quite hilly and some of the better multi viewing areas can be a walk. Following a particular group such as Rory can be a daunting task, staying with them yet still be close to the action. I have found stay a hole or two ahead, with a good viewing spot, watching other groups come thru. Then move ahead another hole or two. Or pick 2-3 key areas for a couple hours each, watching amajority of the field, ideally with a green, approach shot and tee box within view, that will keep things interesting there can afterall be quite a bit of downtime between groups. There are only 90 players so you can see almost the entire field pretty easily by using this strategy. I am confident there is more information on the masters website concerning other tips.

Echoing some of what Spitfisher said- if you've invited the 'right' guests, most of the work will be done for you. Because it's a corporate event you may not have any say as to which clients get invited, but if you do, try to focus on those with at least some golfing interest/knowledge. Any moderate golf fan should be so impressed by how well everything at the tournament is run and how much history and beauty there is around the course that you really shouldn't have to worry that much about doting on them. But obviously you'll have to somewhat tailor your day to the guests you have- if you've got energetic/enthusiatic guests with you don't be afraid to spend most of the day on your feet moving with some groups; if you've got older or less fit people with you, it may be a better idea to try and post up in a grandstand for awhile. There are concessions/bathrooms behind evey grandstand so they aren't bad places to spend a decent amout of time if you're able to stake out some seats (need to do so early).

As for outside the ropes, Augusta is a fairly small town. Food wise, you're mainly looking at the typical chain restaurants, which will all be packed during tournament week (especially the Hooters). If your company has rented a house there for entertaining, I would suggest stocking the bar and grilling steaks at the house as opposed to fighting the crowds in town.

Note: This thread is 3508 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!