IGNORED

My Swing (jamiesmith900)

jamiesmith900
Note: This thread is 2981 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I would get the eyes down and bend over some more. I would also focus on having more weight on your forward foot and feeling like you just pivot around that. Don't let the weight fall back like it's doing.

Maybe tough to see but you can notice how much more flex you have in your right leg (also the direction the knee is facing) compared to the golfer on the right. More weight left and keep it there as you pivot.

For these shots you need to use more body pivot, it's almost all arms and you slide your right arm up and behind you on the backswing. Your elbows pull apart and the hands get very close to your body. Then you try to "thrust" the arms at the ball but since your right arm is so far behind you, you can only wipe across the ball.

Compare the two pics below, both are short wedge shots. Note the player on the right has turned more than you and the elbows are more "in front" of his body. The feel would be that your pivot "carries" your arms and the elbows stay the same distance apart. They should separate a little but you'll feel like they don't.

More of shankville vid

Yes similar to what I'm seeing with the chipping video. IMO it's the same pieces, set-up and backswing for now. Couldn't see that as well with the first video from 3 weeks ago. Elbows pull apart and that changes your wrist alignments and your ability to get back to the ball.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thanks so much mvmac is this same set up on all my clubs?

Yes for all clubs you should be looking at the ball with your central vision.

Mike McLoughlin

Could an element of the posture problem that @mvmac referenced also be that his butt is just about even with / inside of the back of his heels - rather than extended beyond the heels? No counterbalance for the upper body & club as they come down so he falls toward the ball on his downswing? More 'sports stick' sit down feel?

Would a less 'snatchy' - less inside takeaway also help with the elbows?

Kevin

Could an element of the posture problem that @mvmac referenced also be that his butt is just about even with / inside of the back of his heels - rather than extended beyond the heels? No counterbalance for the upper body & club as they come down so he falls toward the ball on his downswing? More 'sports stick' sit down feel?

I'm curious to see how it changes when he gets his eyes down more. Hopefully he'll soften the upper back and bend more from the mid back as a result. So I might not need to add anything else.

@jamiesmith900 I'll add this to make sure you see it. Basically don't just bend over more by keeping the back straight and sticking your butt out.

Would a less 'snatchy' - less inside takeaway also help with the elbows?

Yes for sure. Going to put a video together for him tomorrow. Feeling more pivot, elbows staying the same distance apart is a good start.

Mike McLoughlin

Well that hasn't changed still hosel rockets it's like I have a magnet to attract the ball direct to it the balls pile up in exact same place on range unbelievable [VIDEO]http://youtu.be/YtxOYBTvrss[/VIDEO]

Well that hasn't changed still hosel rockets it's like I have a magnet to attract the ball direct to it the balls pile up in exact same place on range unbelievable

Better with the eyes but the upper back is still too upright. Feel like you bend over more from your mid-back.

With the backswing there's still too much "pulling the lawnmower" move with the right arm. Not really in a functional position at the top of the backswing. I'll put something together for you later today.

Mike McLoughlin

Thanks it feels like I am bending ha and if I bend further because it's a 48 degree wedge the sole isn't flat and tie points up am really out of shape I also feal very ridged no flow anymore so so weird as I shot 39 points in stableford only few month back driving 250+ consistant now can't hit 10 yards funny old game really appreciate your time people :)

Thank you for video, you have explained my problems very clearly it's now getting my brain to do it, I know what I need to do now, hopefully I can post a vid of a good swing to you soon lots of practice and time I will keep you posted :)

Just had a lesson and been told exactly what mvmac has shown me good job man!! Now putting into practice hit some great shots feels tight on backswing now like am loaded I will post some vids Monday as away:)

Just remember to practice the backswing piece slowly.

Even your full speed swings should feel more deliberate off the ball.

Mike McLoughlin

Note: This thread is 2981 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!