IGNORED

Mini Tour Play

Ben
Note: This thread is 1567 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

what kind of scoring do you think it's going ot take to get you into that top 40 ben ?

What's In My Bag?
Driver : Diablo
3wood : Diablo
Hybrid : 3DX RC Ironwood #3 20*
Irons : j36 cb's Putter : Tour Platinum 7081Ball : TP Black LDPHome Course :Lonnie Poole Golf Course at NC State University 74.7/134Eagle Ridge Golf Club 73.0/131

Good luck Ben. Great to see you're playing well and hopefully on your way to fulfilling the dream. If you're birdieing that stupid second at Rustic you should be fine in Asia

HiBore XLS 9.5*
Launcher 15*
Rescue 21*
X-20 Tour 4-PW
CG10 50*, CG12 56*, 60*Pixl L1.8 (8 years and running)

what kind of scoring do you think it's going ot take to get you into that top 40 ben ?

I just firgure if I can stay under par I'll be alright.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

My Dad and little sister came out to watch last Wednesday. He brought his camera. Here's the link to the full album:

http://s18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...psiBrook81909/

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Nice pics

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Great thread and best of luck to you.

The warmup pic of you at the top of your swing looks pro.

:thumbs up:
Driver: Adams 9032LS 9.5* - 45" - Aldila RIP Alpha 60S
3 Wood: Adams FAST 10 15* - 43" - Aldila Wasabi 70S
2-Iron: Mizuno Fli-Hi 18* - DGS300 
Irons: Mizuno MP-68 3-PW - DGS300
Wedges: Mizuno MPT-11 54* and 60*Putter: PING Redwood Anser Black Nickel 340g, 34"Ball: Titleist ProV1Bag: Mizuno...

Great thread and best of luck to you.

Yeah, I like that picture too. Good looking positions! Thanks.

how did you play?

Just mediocre. Shot 1 over which got me a tie for 5th. When I play in front of my Dad I tend to play kinda bad, so it was nice to get a decent round in with him there. He was beginning to feel like he was a jinx.

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

ive been following this thread,And Ben your living the dream playing golf for a living.im jealous its what i want to do when i get older.hopeing to drop my handicap to at least scratch by the end of the year.

ive been following this thread,And Ben your living the dream playing golf for a living.im jealous its what i want to do when i get older.hopeing to drop my handicap to at least scratch by the end of the year.

Start playing in tournaments now. Are you in an area that has a local mini-tour? This Pepsi Tour even has a handicapped division. Maybe there's something similar near you.

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Rough day at the office today. There were two dudes in my group that were friends and they were kinda goofing off with each other. Not really paying attention on the greens, or to who was away, or who was supposed to be on the tee. Stuff that sorta important playing in a professional tournament. Kinda got to me on the third hole when one dude took the tee away from me out of turn, and it stuck with me for a few holes.

Anyway, started with a birdie on 1, so that was cool. Actually made a long tricky putt. But, with those guys in my head and just making a few poor decisions. I finished the front nine at 5 over! hahah. Two ultra dumb doubles, two sloppy bogeys. Really been slacking with the putter lately. I think its time to upgrade my old Odyssey XG7 to a newer one, possibly the Black Series. So, after doubling 9, I figured that enough is enough, and who cares about what these guys do, just stick to my game and see what I can do. Birdied 11, birdied 13 and finished the back at 2 under. So 3 over on the day, which thankfully, somehow, got me a solo 5th place finish, and my money back.

So, next week it is.

Jeez, lot of negativity in that reply. Thinking back to the positives. Hit the ball, gr-reat with the irons today today! Gave myself a ton of good looks on the back. Was really knocking them close near the end. That was fun. Drove the ball, alright too. Hit some really good 3 woods of the tee though. And a nice one into a par 5. So, a good day.

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

I'm curious, what does your practice schedule look like Ben?

Well, lets see.

- Sunday: Usually a bucket after work then 18 holes. - Monday: Tournament, or day off. Day off day often ends up bringing an hour of short game and putting practice. - Tuesday: 9 holes after work now. Was getting in 18 during peak summer daylight. Boo on shorter days! - Wednesday: Tournament after work. - Thursday: 1 bucket, 18 holes. Or, 36 holes, again during peak summer daylight. And yet again, boo on shorter days! - Friday: 18 or 36 holes. - Saturday 18 holes. I really despise the end of Daylight Savings Time. For mental training, I've been reading With Winning in Mind by Lanny Bassham

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Rough day at the office today. There were two dudes in my group that were friends and they were kinda goofing off with each other. Not really paying attention on the greens, or to who was away, or who was supposed to be on the tee. Stuff that sorta important playing in a professional tournament. Kinda got to me on the third hole when one dude took the tee away from me out of turn, and it stuck with me for a few holes.

My first pro check!!

I made my first professional check of my career last week. I turned Pro in April and this was my 10th event. I have come close in 6 events but just missed out so I am very pleased. It was a real wet and windy day last Wednesday, I got to the course a little too early so me and my caddy went in the clubhouse for a drink. I had a Hot chocolate for some reason, don't ask me why. I got on the range and warmed up with some wedges, i gradually worked down the set to the longer clubs til I finished with a few drives. I then hit a few pitch shots and chips. Then onto the putting green. Despite this good warm up session I found myself 3 over par after 9 holes. This included a very poor wedge shot on the 9th that found a deep greenside trap. I made par on 10 and a poor par on the par 5 11th. I then made birdie on 12 and 13 to get back to one over. At the back of the 13th green was a leaderboard, and I could see level was the best score though 13 so I knew I had a chance. I made a great par save on the par 3 14th but then a poor bogey on 15. I made good pars on 16 and 17. So I was 2 over par stood on the par 5 18th tee. I thought if I could make a birdie I should be in for a decent finish. I hit a good drive which left me 192 to the hole. I hit a great five iron and it finished 3 feet from the hole. I tapped it in for eagle and a back 9 holes of 3 under 33, which was a level par round of 72. I was leader in the clubhouse when I got in but eventually slipped down to 4th position. It was only a check of $493 but its the start I needed.

Driver - Nike Sumo SQ 8.5 degree AldilaVS Proto
Fairawy wood - Titleist 903f2 Vodoo
Irons - Titleist Z Blend Forged Project X 5.5
Wedges - Titleist Vokey
Putter - Scotty Cameron Newport 2Ball - Pro V1

Man you guys are great! I hope to start playing in tournaments next year. No money tours obviously, but that would be my goal!!

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My first pro check!!

Caddies and leaderboards on the course?! Sheesh, that's some high class event. We ain't got nothin' like that where I play. What tour is this? I know its "over the pond" but I'd be interested in checking out the info.

Anyway, congratulations man! Feels great doesn't it? Just wait until you get that first win. I almost passed out from joy.

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Caddies and leaderboards on the course?! Sheesh, that's some high class event. We ain't got nothin' like that where I play. What tour is this? I know its "over the pond" but I'd be interested in checking out the info.

Thanks man, its called The Players Tour. Its based in the north west of England. They don't provide caddies, its just my friend Tony who enjoys doing it for some strange reason lol! He's good at reading the greens!! Yeah I remember how good it felt winning my first scratch tournament, I can't wait to win again. What do you play in? I've heard there is some pretty great stuff to play in over there?

Driver - Nike Sumo SQ 8.5 degree AldilaVS Proto
Fairawy wood - Titleist 903f2 Vodoo
Irons - Titleist Z Blend Forged Project X 5.5
Wedges - Titleist Vokey
Putter - Scotty Cameron Newport 2Ball - Pro V1

Thanks man, its called The Players Tour. Its based in the north west of England. They don't provide caddies, its just my friend Tony who enjoys doing it for some strange reason lol! He's good at reading the greens!!

That's cool that you have a buddy to depend on. I've got a few willing to help, and we've made good teams. Its just hard to call on them all the time, especially with the small amount of money involved. Usually I'll pick up lunch or something. I've got two tours I play on. www.pepsitour.com and www.gstour.com . There's another called the Cal Players, but I've yet to play in an event of theirs.

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Note: This thread is 1567 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!