IGNORED

My Swing (Rob Thompson)

Rob Thompson
Note: This thread is 3196 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Thank you Michael.  I spoke with Dave W. yesterday.  Next lesson is scheduled and I have one other thing to clean up.  This is the first time in a very long time I have been able to see a noticeable change in my swing pattern.  I cannot wait to see what this season will bring.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 3 months later...

It's been awhile since my last post.  I have been working hard on my game but with the new job and new responsibilities it has been tough.  I have had two lessons with Dave Wedzik since my last post.  The lessons were generally the same.

I have been working on getting my wrist into more flexion through impact.  I have also spent some time working on and understanding the pivot through the ball.  This is easily the part of the golf swing that I understood the least amount and probably caused more issues than needed in my own swing and that of my students.

Dave and Erik came to the course where I work at to hold 3 AimPoint Express clinics.  We also had a chance to play 18 holes together.  I really enjoyed listening to Dave and Erik discuss shots (they were teamed against our Director of Golf and me).  Listening to the process really inspired us.  We have our Pro/Assistant tomorrow.  The format is two man best ball.  Hopefully we can use some the inspiration to play well.

Anyhow, here is my swing to date. (5.22.15)

A couple of pictures of my favorite position changes.

• Administrator

Wish I could of been there for the aimpoint clinics rob! This is Shawn btw.

So do @david_wedzik and I! :)

I think we'll be back later this summer and we will hope to see you then!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator
Hopefully ill see you before then! was thinking of taking a trip to get a lesson

We are here. You might even be able to catch a ride with Rob… He comes now and then as well of course.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 2 months later...

Really like the way the right arm flexion and elbow position looks from 3-6, nice work.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Note: This thread is 3196 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!