IGNORED

Blade or Mallet

hypergolf
Note: This thread is 6007 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Blade or Semi Mallet as long as they are heel shafted, and not huge moi monsters.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

Do you prefer blade or mallet putters? Why? Is there a significant difference in performance over the other?

Mallets, like belly and long putters, are signs of being one step closer to a mental breakdown. Once you've gone to the long putter, you'll be in a round rubber room in the very near future.

Cleveland Launcher Comp, 9.5* stiff
TaylorMade V-Steel, T/S stiff
Cleveland Halo, 19* stiff
Mizuno MP-32, stiff
Cleveland 588 Gunmetal, 51*Cleveland 588 DSG RTG, 56*Scotty Cameron Newport II

i switched to a mallet this either after years of using a blade. took me awhile to get used to it but i have better feel with the mallet on longer putts
what's in the bag

Driver: looking for a new one

3 wood: Hibore 15 degreeHybrid: Halo 2 ironIrons: 704 CB 3-PWWedges: CG 10 52, 56, 60Putter: White Hot XG Marxman MalletBall: Bridgestone Tour B330-S

• 5 weeks later...
blade currently, but used mallet and even a true blade putters such as the Arnold Palmer type "original" from Callaway.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

Until venturing into a local store 2 weeks ago, I had never even tried another putter (I've had my light blade for 16 years.) The mallets I tried were comfortable, but I opted for a blade with a flange . I'm normally very pleased with my line, but leave too many putts short. I'm looking forward to trying the new one but can't right now for the snow on the ground.

I have been a blade player with my Wilson 8802. But decided for this winter to get a little more weight in the putter. So I went to the Odyssey site (highly recommended) and took their online fitting questionaire. Of course...they ask if the preference is blade or mallet...

So what I did was did it twice....once mallet...second time blade.

I went to try out all the suggested models and was pretty much set to get the White Hot XG #9 (like Phil M putter). But trying out the Rossi model...decided that the Rossi 'mallet' was easier to handle, line-up, etc.

For a 'square to square' putting stroke...seems like the mallet with a face balance head really does the trick.

Take the Odyssey online fitting. It is pretty good.

Me personnally like the mallet putter better. I like a little bit more weight in my putters and the blade seems weightless in somecases and push a lot when i tired blades. With my mallet im more consistent

Whats in my Warbird Hot Bad:

Driver: 907D1 9.5 - 65-S Aldila VS Proto --- FT-IQ coming soon?
2 Hybrid: Rescue mid-TP 16 deg
3 Hybrid: Rescue TP - HC Tour Only Model 19 deg - DG X-1004-PW: 695CB Irons - Project X 6.0Wedges Vokey SM58, Vokey SM54, Vokey 250Putter Futura PhantomWhere I WorkMy...

Note: This thread is 6007 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!