IGNORED

order of upgrades/replacements?

Twan013
Note: This thread is 6086 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

hey guys, if anybody has been paying attention to all of my previous posts, then you'll know that I'm new and have only been playing for a little over a week now.. well, i finally got some clubs (supposedly knock-off callaway's, turned out to be AGS wide-body II's)... the driver is a knight with 10.5* so on and so forth, a bubble on the shaft (don't know what purpose it serves; its just a bulge close to the grip).. 2 fairway woods (3 and 5), don't remember what kind they are... AGS irons, 3-9, minus the 8... oh, AGS pitching wedge, and an upswing putter...

I absolutely love the driver! its old and the paint is chipped, but it hits so smoothly, straight and far! I haven't really used the 3 and 5 woods enough to have a "review" on them, and the irons i hate! it may just be me, but they feel way too short for me... everybody says they're standard length, but they just feel a lot shorter to me, and i feel awkward stooping down to prepare for a swing... and finally the putter... what else is there to say about a putter? just like any other putter i've ever used... i do like to use the back end of it to scoop up the golfball and toss it up in the air so i can catch it though!

so here's my broad plan, and hopefully you guys can help me narrow it down a bit... if i play on a regular basis for the rest of this year, i plan on buying a whole brand new set in january '08... until then, should i leave my current setup the way it is, and try to learn with what i've got? or should i have them reshafted/extended/fitted? about how much would it run me?

also, upon getting my new set next year, i plan on having a few hybrids thrown into the mix... i don't really know what the purpose of a hybrid is, but i know that a lot of people hate them because they can't hit with them... but of the 2 i've tried, i like it almost better than the driver i was talking about earlier..

one final question; what affects will i have if I commense to painting my club heads? avoiding the club face of course... since my driver feels so good, but the paint is so bad on it, i was thinking about stripping it and repainting it with some color-changing paint i've got laying around here at the house....

wow, i don't know why i gave this that subject... i had the intentions of asking what i should replace and when should i do it, but i got in a hurry and forgot about that part, because as i said, next year i plan to have a whole new set of clubs anyway

What ever you do, don't get a 'full set.' Gradually replace your irons, followed by say a 3 wood, 5 wood, etc. The order doesn't matter, just make sure you get some nice clubs, as opposed to some $140 p/ full set down at golfsmith. You get what you pay for with golf clubs.

Driver: Tour Burner 9.5*
3W: r7 Draw 15*
2H: Slingshot Hybrid 17*
7W: Launcher Sport 22*
Irons: Launcher 5-PWGW: X-Tour 50*SW: SV Tour 56*Putter: Sabertooth 34"Ball: TaylorMade TP LD Red

Note: This thread is 6086 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!