IGNORED

Anyone interested in a tee that you don't have to stick in the ground

Note: This thread is 3533 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I don't see why it matters if there are alternative products or not.  There are 50 different types of standard wood tees when I look in the isle at Golf Town and they all co-exist just fine.  I can't stand those zero-friction tees but I see lots of people with them.

Brad

I still failing to realize how the OP product is better than something like this:

Those white ones are cheap, familiar, ubiquitous, durable, they stick to the ground quite well.

The advantages of yours are...?

(I'm not trying to be a dick here, so I apologize if it's coming off that way. Either I'm missing something or this product is a futile effort.)

Bingo.  They work, are simple, cheap, virtually can't be lost, and you basically only need two. One for the driver and a lower one for fairway wood/hybrid.  Iron shots on par 3's just sit the ball on the ground.  I've done this in the winter for years. I've never even had to buy any. The driving ranges simply toss them in the trash can when the tip gets a little ragged. I take them home and cut them down to fit (since they were originally extra long to allow fitting through the range mats). Not to belittle the original post but I can foresee a problem keeping the ball balanced on the tee in certain grass conditions. Even sticking a normal tee in the ground the tee has to be straight upright so the ball stays put.

I could have used one of the tripod tees in the last week. The temperature got into the 20s here at night and the tee boxes were still semi frozen when we played around 10:30, making it hard to get a tee into the ground. I have to say, I've seen all kinds of products in the golf marketplace, this one may make it. While the rubber ones from practice range mats will work, I prefer the look of the tripod tee. Put it on the market, I'll buy a pack of various lengths.

Note: This thread is 3533 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!