IGNORED

Taylormade´s R7 Fairway Steel - Quality/Alternatives?

kafka01
Note: This thread is 6076 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey,

so actually within the last 12 months i owned 3!!! Taylormade R7 Fairway woods. The first i bought as beginner and somehow i managed to get a little bump on the head so i sold it.

I went to the shop and orderd another one - Taylormade delivered, but somehow this had to be a "monday"-Fairway wood since a screw was missing.

They replaced it and the one i´m using now is about 4 months old. Today i was hitting balls on the range when suddenly the ball did strange things and the sound was strange too. I checked the face and it had a 5cm big tore on the bottom of the face ...

Actually i really like the Fairway Steel (and i used it a lot, i guess i hit about 3-4k balls during that 4 months) but it seems to me that the quality of production isnt that high when i´m able to push the face in in about 4 months (it was used properly, didnt hit any stones, doesnt has any skymarks or scratches).

So what can i actually expect from woods - how long is their life span, did any of you experienced similiar problems with Taylormade-Products?
What alternatives are to this wood you can recommend? Head shouldnt be too large - the smaller the better, distance should be at least the same.

Burner 9°
FW Burner 15°
Burner Rescue 19°
MP67 4-PW
CG10 50° CG12 DSG 54° & 60°

My 5 wood is the R7 Steel and I love it. Favorite club in my bag to tee off with. I have never had any issues with any of my TM products. Actually, the LT badge on the back of my 8 iron came off, but they replaced it at no cost to me. I dont know what you are doing to cave in a head on a wood, but chances are you just got a bad apple, which happens with all manufacturers. I put a pretty good hit on the ball and have never had a head crack, dent, or anything else. Would love to see some pics though. Call TM and let them know what happened. I would have to bet they would replace it without giving you any hassle.
In My Bag
Driver: R5 TP 9.5 Diamana
3 Wood: V-Steel 15* UST V2
5 Wood: R7 Steel
Hybrids: Heavenwood 20* UST V2 Rescue Mid 22* UST V2Irons: RAC LT2 5-9 Project X FlightedWedges: RAC Black TP 47* 51* 55* 60*Putter: White Hot 2 BallBalls: One Black

I recently purchased an R7 5 wood Steel a few months back. Played a couple rounds with it, and love it. Feels great and goes well off the tee or off the fairway. Better than any fairway wood I've hit in the past.

Check out the Burner 3 wood, I have one, i can it it off a tee, off the deck, and out of the rough. Check it out, IMO it's the best 3 wood out there.

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

Over the many many years that I have been selling TM products I have taken back 1 FW wood and 1 Driver. I have never had a problem with TM replacing anything as long as its not the shaft, everything else has always been sent out even before they get the broken club..

goodluck

Driver: Taylor Made R7 425 9.5° TP Stiff
Fairway: Taylor Made V-Steel #3 w/Fujikura Rombax Stiff
Irons: Taylor Made rac LT 4-PW shaft; Rifle Flighted 6.0
Wedges: Tayor Made rac 52° 56° 60°Utility: Taylor Made Rescue TP #3 (Aldila NV Hybid 85g Stiff)Putter: Scotty...

No doubt man. Im in love with the Burner 3 wood right now.

I went to our proshop today cuz i really need a fairway wood to play our course, so they gave me a Burner 3 and Titleist 906F2 3 wood.

I hate the Titleist then i tried the Burner off tees/deck/semi rough - sweet. That thing is actually awesome beside the little big head - but it just went straight (and far) - nothing you could do about. But now comes the best part - i played 18 holes with it - at hole 10 i hit a really good shot on a dogleg par 4 and at the next hole i make a couple of practice swings and suddenly i hear something loose inside the clubhead - NO WAY!!!! It seems that i get the worst out of Taylormade... I still want to buy that wood (but maybe its better i buy 2 - just in case i have a replacement when the first breaks... )

Burner 9°
FW Burner 15°
Burner Rescue 19°
MP67 4-PW
CG10 50° CG12 DSG 54° & 60°

Yeh the Burner 3 wood is quality, really been enjoying mine since i got it 6 weeks ago!!

In My Bag:

Driver: Burner Driver 9.5 (UST Proforce V2 Stiff 76g)
3 Wood: Rescue TP 14.5* (Stock 75g Stiff)
2 Iron: G10 Hybrid (Ust Proforce V2 85g High Launch Stiff)Irons: X- Forged (Rifle 6.0 Shafts)Wedges: 248.06, 252.08, SM56.10, SM60.04Putter: 9 XG Ball: TP BlackBag: Ozone Stand...

I've heard good things about the R7s but haven't played them (outside a few swings in a simulator). If you want to try something else (and can stand the sticker shock), try a Tour Edge Exotics fwy wood. They are the longest and among the easiest to hit fwy woods I've owned.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
--Groucho Marx

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 6076 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!