IGNORED

finally...new shafts

MAC
Note: This thread is 6059 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So..after a long and agonizing one month wait, I finally got my new shafts in my irons (Dynamic Gold Tour X). And I tell you guys, I absolutely love them.
Driver: Taylormade R7 Superquad TP 8.5 (Fujikura Motore F1 75 X-Stiff)
3-Wood: Cleveland Tour Head 13 (Matrix Ozik Code-8 X-Stiff)
Irons: Titleist 690 MB 3 and 4 iron (Dynamic X-100) 5 - PW (Dynamic Tour X7)
Wedges: Titleist Spin Milled 55 and 59 Degree
Putter: Titleist Studio Stainless 1st Gen.

what are those the X100 or oh crap never mind I just saw your sig..

glad you like them, I changed from the S300 to the Rifle Flighted 6.0 and have looked back.

goodluck

Driver: Taylor Made R7 425 9.5° TP Stiff
Fairway: Taylor Made V-Steel #3 w/Fujikura Rombax Stiff
Irons: Taylor Made rac LT 4-PW shaft; Rifle Flighted 6.0
Wedges: Tayor Made rac 52° 56° 60°Utility: Taylor Made Rescue TP #3 (Aldila NV Hybid 85g Stiff)Putter: Scotty...

what are those the X100 or oh crap never mind I just saw your sig..

thank you, i was choosing whether to get black golds or project x's. But my friend fitted me and said I should be playing the X-7's. I dont think black golds or project x's go that stiff or equivalent to, so these are the only ones.

• 2 weeks later...
what kind of swing, and swing speed do you have? I am getting new clubs and am probably going with X100 shafts. I have a 6 iron swing speed of 95-100 and my driver swing speed is around 110-115 on a normal swing. My swing is also fast tempo. I had played S400 for years, and just had a set with S300 but would loose the ball left and right on what I felt was good swings. Every chart tells me I need X shafts, but unlike most I am hesitant to step up to a stiffer shaft.

Driver: Taylor Made R7 SuperQuad TP X stiff
3 wood: Taylor Made Vsteel proforce X stiff
Hybrid: Taylor Made 19* TP Project X 6.5
4-AW: Taylor Made R7TP Project X 6.5
Wedges: 56,60 Taylor Made TP y cutterPutter: Taylor Made Rosa

what kind of swing, and swing speed do you have? I am getting new clubs and am probably going with X100 shafts. I have a 6 iron swing speed of 95-100 and my driver swing speed is around 110-115 on a normal swing. My swing is also fast tempo. I had played S400 for years, and just had a set with S300 but would loose the ball left and right on what I felt was good swings. Every chart tells me I need X shafts, but unlike most I am hesitant to step up to a stiffer shaft.

actually, my swing is pretty similar to yours. My 6-iron swing speed is about 100-110 and my driver swing speed is about 115-120. I also have a quick tempo. I used to have s300's in my irons and I've used those ever since i started playing golf. Recently I have also been feeling the ball leak to the left or right. Then I asked my friend to fit me and he suggested i play the x7's. You definitely consider moving up to X shafts. Or just get fitted and see what they say. Good luck

thank you, i was choosing whether to get black golds or project x's. But my friend fitted me and said I should be playing the X-7's. I dont think black golds or project x's go that stiff or equivalent to, so these are the only ones.

Project X's can be made as stiff as you need them, it just cost a little more to have them made. I think the stiffest set I have seen were 6.9, but they can be made stiffer. Not sure about the black golds though.

In My Bag
Driver: R5 TP 9.5 Diamana
3 Wood: V-Steel 15* UST V2
5 Wood: R7 Steel
Hybrids: Heavenwood 20* UST V2 Rescue Mid 22* UST V2Irons: RAC LT2 5-9 Project X FlightedWedges: RAC Black TP 47* 51* 55* 60*Putter: White Hot 2 BallBalls: One Black

I went and did a fitting today, and now I am more confused. The guy suggested S400 which are heavier, maybe for a better tempo. I look on both True Tempers fit website, Rifles site, and compare my yardages to others that play x shafts, and everything single one I look at say I should be playing x shafts, but then when I get swing speed tested the guys at the shop (did it at two different places now) say to stick with s300-400. Confused. I think I am going to start a new thread asking this question for some input.

Driver: Taylor Made R7 SuperQuad TP X stiff
3 wood: Taylor Made Vsteel proforce X stiff
Hybrid: Taylor Made 19* TP Project X 6.5
4-AW: Taylor Made R7TP Project X 6.5
Wedges: 56,60 Taylor Made TP y cutterPutter: Taylor Made Rosa

Note: This thread is 6059 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!