IGNORED

Recent Michael Jordan swing from celebrity event

nevets88
Note: This thread is 3333 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by saevel25

Needs to work on getting that weight forward. He's a tad on his back foot there.

That shot looked like a toe pull cut.

I can't help thinking he needs a longer driver from this picture. He looks like he's playing with a junior set and he's squatting to make good contact.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

No, I don't think so.  It appears to me that the hole doglegs right to left.  If you are a right handed golfer who hits a cut, then your choices are to aim closer to the water than you'd probably prefer or to hit it into the trees on the right or to club down to something that won't reach the bunkers/trees/etc.

That type of situation sets up better for a draw because you can maximize your landing area without bringing extra risk into play.  Unless you do something really bad, you're ball will always be over land. ;)

I agree. Also, if there is any roll, a draw will more likely run down the fairway, whereas a cut will run across it.

That driver does look a little bit short for him, but he is a foot taller than the average golfer. . .

That's true, there are right fairway bunkers along the "tree line". Now, that I look at it a little more carefully I suppose you're both right. I might have to go short off the tee on this hole. IDK the actual distances, but I can see how you would try to get the most run along the left dogleg with a draw too. In my case, a "power fade" is not an option I can control.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

That driver does look a little bit short for him, but he is a foot taller than the average golfer. . . That's true, there are right fairway bunkers along the "tree line". Now, that I look at it a little more carefully I suppose you're both right. I might have to go short off the tee on this hole. IDK the actual distances, but I can see how you would try to get the most run along the left dogleg with a draw too. In my case, a "power fade" is not an option I can control.

45" or 46" as the case may be is awfully long enough - I feel like he needs to just be more upright and get a little closer. Though I certainly hope he has longer than standard irons.

His knee action reminded me a little of Byron Nleson's 'dip', but his club path looks out to in. Is this a situational or his standard swing?

Probably has a very consistent motion, natural power, and outstanding short game touch. With his passion for the game, and the time he has to devote to it / take lessons from the best, I'm kinda surprised he doesn't have a more classic swing action. Maybe he doesn't want to make the game feel to much like 'work'?

Kevin

That driver does look a little bit short for him, but he is a foot taller than the average golfer. . .

That's true, there are right fairway bunkers along the "tree line". Now, that I look at it a little more carefully I suppose you're both right. I might have to go short off the tee on this hole. IDK the actual distances, but I can see how you would try to get the most run along the left dogleg with a draw too. In my case, a "power fade" is not an option I can control.

@Lihu This looks like the hole in your avatar!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lihu

@Lihu This looks like the hole in your avatar!

Nice catch! And Bender plunked it in the water as I recall too. . .

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Note: This thread is 3333 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!