IGNORED

What kind of wedges should I add to a 3-PW set?

Note: This thread is 6023 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Youve left yourself a huge gap between your PW and your 54*. Almost 10 degrees of difference. If you want to get good at this game its the short clubs that are going to do it for you. Pick up a gap wedge somewhere, preferably a 50*.

A gap wedge is certainly on the to-buy list. Going to play a few rounds with the x-tour wedge and see if I want a x-tour gap wedge or a cavity backed gap wedge. My range experience so far is that I hit the wedges completely straight.

Grom Stand Bag
G5 9* Driver Stiff
G5 3 & 5 Woods Stiff
G5 22* Hybrid
X-20 5-PW Irons X-Tour 50*-11 & 54*-13 Wedge G5i Mini-C PutterUp Next 58*-11 PM Grind

• 4 weeks later...
So finally gave in and bought the Callaway X-tour 54*-13 bounce. Works really well, good feel and good distance control. Also found the X-tour 50*-11 bounce for $70 so I picked that up as well. So i've gone 45 (pw) - 50 (Gap) and 54 (sand)

Grom Stand Bag
G5 9* Driver Stiff
G5 3 & 5 Woods Stiff
G5 22* Hybrid
X-20 5-PW Irons X-Tour 50*-11 & 54*-13 Wedge G5i Mini-C PutterUp Next 58*-11 PM Grind

btw...I saw how you were mentioning that your drives are somewhat inconsistent. Perhaps you should try a higher lofted driver...that will give you a better chance of hitting the ball straighter and to hone your swing. Then you can go to a lower lofted driver.

Also...if you like your Callaway XTour...try out the Callaway Forged+. I just bought a 60* one last night at golfsmith for $49.

personally, not only to the gap, add either a 58 or 60, they are miracle workers out of sand, an just about any shot...

|Callaway FT-9 Tour Neutral 9.5 Diamana BlueBoard| TaylorMade TourLaunch 14.5 Matrix Ozik F7M2 X| Adams Idea Pro 20 Matrix Ozik Altus X| Mizuno MP-32 4-PW TTDG S300|Titleist Vokey 50| Tour Issue Titleist Black Ni Vokey SM 54|Callaway X Forged 62 || Kirk Currie Brazos| Callaway Tour IX/...

Since you're a high handicapper and you have X-20 irons I'd suggest you'd stick with the X-20 wedge. Having as many of the same iron while you're learning definitely can't hurt.
In My Bag:

Driver: 9.5° FT-i LCG
3-wood: 15° X Tour
Hybrid: 18° FT HybridHybrid: 23° Baffler ProIrons: X-20 Tour 5-9Wedges: CG 12 Black Pearl 46/50/56/60Putter: 32" X3Ball: TP BlackHome Course: Blackmoor Golf Club (136/71.2)

Note: This thread is 6023 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!