IGNORED

Another Aussie.

BruceH
Note: This thread is 6908 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

We just keep bobbing up around the place, from the tour on down.

It's been nearly 12 months since I decided I wanted golf to be more than just corporate days or holidays. I still play cricket in my summers and will continue to do so as long as the body holds up to it so that has slowed my progress a little.

I have just signed up as a "Country Member" (oh yes - I remember) in a small country course near the in-laws. It is odd to be a city dweller being a country member. I have a real handicap now and a semi regular comp game to play in without paying $$$$$$ for the priviledge.

Anyway - I'm Bruce and it's a pleasure to sign up for this community.

Hey Bruce...

Is that a reference to "Finding Nemo?" Welcome to an awesome forum... sorry we took so long to say hi.

This will cheer you up:

Sorry, I've been on a smiley kick lately.

Jeff

10.5° Callaway FT-iZ Tour

18°, 20°, 23° Adams Idea Pro Prototype Hybrid

4-9 Titleist 690.CB
48° Titleist Vokey Tour Nickel
54°, 58° Titleist Vokey Tour Oil Can

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 6908 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• TST Partners

Golfer's Journal
    ShotScope
    The Stack System
    FlightScope Mevo
    Direct: Mevo, Mevo+, and Pro Package.

Coupon Codes (save 10-15%): "IACAS" for Mevo/Stack, "IACASPLUS" for Mevo+/Pro Package, and "THESANDTRAP" for ShotScope.
  • Popular Now

• These are a great grip, played with them for years, although I just switched to the Golf Pride CPX, which I really like as well.
    • Know how to react to them. You can't stop unlucky things from happening. You can control how you react to it.  Example above, you assume the guy is waving you up to speed up play. Your initial reaction was to rush your routine. Looking at it from this perspective, you are being waived up. So, the group in front of you knows this. There is no need to rush your routine because you are saving time while the group in front of you is waiting for the green to clear. Waiving up does not equal rush to hit. That is not where the time savings is happening.  Being a 2 handicap, know your expectations. Also, know your own stats. What is your average leave for a 7-iron? Meaning how far left or right does your 7-iron end up 8 out of 10 times. Don't guess, actually measure this. People are horrible in guessing how far offline they hit it. Let's say you slightly mishit one, but it still ends up with in your expected shot zone, ok move on. You hit a ball that was ended up 80% of the time within your normal range of outcomes. No need to get upset about it.  Let's say you hit a really bad shot. Ok, what is the reaction? Should you get upset? Should you try to press and make a hero shot? Is it early in the tournament? Where are you in the standings? What are the expected outcomes of the options given to you? If you have an alley to hit a punch shot, and you know you can hit that shot "X" percent of the time, what is that compared to punching out right and hitting a longer iron in for the 3rd?  Also, take on the challenge of the next shot. If you hit a shot in the bunker, look at it as a game within a game. Instead of getting dejected, get excited about getting to hit a challenging shot. When people get anxious/nervous they are actually getting excited. Those two reactions come from the same area of the brain. Meaning, it is how we frame them that determines if we will be looking forward to something or hating it. You are not initiating fight or flight responses on the course. There is a lot of this that is just framing things in a certain way.  Guess what, you can practice all this. Go play 9 holes, and before each shot run become self-aware of your emotions and initial reactions. You got to train yourself to let those unneeded reactions go by and replace them with productive responses to the situation at hand. 
    • Some great advise in above posts. Only thing I would add is don't go out of your way to put tournaments on a pedestal. Think of it as any other non-competitive round. That is something you have to be deliberate about and will allow you to own your round more instead of the 'BS' owning it.
    • I’d say it’s more caused by starting the swing with pressure too far into the heels. Another is a misunderstanding of body rotation on the backswing, as the lead knee bends forward to “fake” a hip turn.    I wouldn’t recommend many people rolling the forearms. Although some people feel that, in order to feel the release of the clubhead to square it up for impact. 

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...