IGNORED

Help, I am going to buy a new wedge and...........

Note: This thread is 6060 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

i am looking to get a Titleist Vokey wedge up at Golf Galaxy. I am going to trade my Lynx 60* and my Adams SW(56*?). The question is.........which Vokey wedge should I get? I was thinking of getting another 56*. I never really used either of them too much because they were both so heavy. I have been chipping around the greens with my PW. What do y'all think?

Driver:TaylorMade R580 XD Stiff
3 Wood:Wilson FY-brid 15*
Hybrid:Adams A3 Boxer # 3
Irons:Titleist Square Toe 4
Irons:Callaway X-20 5-PWWedges:Adams Tight Lies GT SWPutter: Ping Anser 2Ball: Wilson Ultra or Precept Lady IQ180 or Bridgestone e6+

Well if you aren't sure if you want a lob or sand wedge, you could just get like a 58*, but although I don't carry a 56* at the moment I have in the past and I can make it work as a gap wedge, lob wedge, and a sande wedge. And seeing your handicap I would go with a sand wedge because as most f the people here will say is a lob wedge takes ALOT of practice to make it work. Good luck with finding a wedge you like.

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

i am looking to get a Titleist Vokey wedge up at Golf Galaxy. I am going to trade my Lynx 60* and my Adams SW(56*?). The question is.........which Vokey wedge should I get? I was thinking of getting another 56*. I never really used either of them too much because they were both so heavy. I have been chipping around the greens with my PW. What do y'all think?

First of all, you can't go wrong with Titleist Vokey wedges. Second, I recommend you get the Spin Milled version. You can get any degrees you want either 56, 58 or 60. It's all about your preference and your type of play.

Yes, wedges are heavy because they're for control not distance. I have Vokey SM60.08 in my bag now and they feel great. Moreover, I'm looking forward to purchase the SM56.10, but unfortunately my favorite pro shop doesn't have the 10 deg bounce in stock and I have to wait for them to reorder. I have a hunch that you're just starting out to play golf and that's why you said wedges are heavy (also your 30 handicap). They don't when you're used to it, which means you'll build up the strength as you go on with the game. When you're ready to buy new wedge you'll have to know what high/med/low bounce is. You can go to this site . Basically, know the type of your swing and choose the proper bounce so you don't dig too deep or not at all (knifing the ball). Hope this helps.
What's in the bag:
Driver: r7 SuperQuad 10.5° ~ UST Proforce V2 65g Regular
Wood: 906F4 18.5° ~ Aldila VS Proto 80g Stiff
Irons: MP-60 3-PW ~ True Temper Tour Concept S3
Wedges: Vokey Oil Can 252.08, SM56.10 & SM60.08Putter: Marxman Mallet 33"

First of all, you can't go wrong with Titleist Vokey wedges. Second, I recommend you get the Spin Milled version. You can get any degrees you want either 56, 58 or 60. It's all about your preference and your type of play.

They also have a 54 degree

Note: This thread is 6060 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!