IGNORED

My Swing (Ryan772)

ryan772
Note: This thread is 3174 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

https://youtu.be/yHbRLuN-4Rk

Video is private, and please embed the video. Copy the youtube url from the address bar. Pick the 2nd icon that looks like movie film. Paste and submit.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
Originally Posted by saevel25

Video is private, and please embed the video. Copy the youtube url from the address bar. Pick the 2nd icon that looks like movie film. Paste and submit.

If you're on mobile, then put [video][/video] tags around them.

But yes, the videos are private and should be embedded.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Im not very good with this stuff ill be sure to do it right from now on. Now i just gotta figure out how to make them not private

Im not very good with this stuff ill be sure to do it right from now on. Now i just gotta figure out how to make them not private

Don't choose the private option on YouTube. ;-)

Just make it unlisted.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Any help? Thanks guys

It's better.

What are the shots doing? What are the issues?

Mike McLoughlin

Well theres a few issues. My wedges im the most comfortable with, but they have a different flight then the rest of my irons. Usually a slight push right which i counteract by aiming a few yards left. My shorter irons im just looking for consistency. My longer irons tend to be low hooks. I can hit my 9 iron a mile high with a slight draw then i hit a 7 and its a low big hook usually 30-40 yards left. And my driver is just a mess. When i hit it "right" im getting between 280-310 with roll. But generally is a huge hook or slice costing me stroke after stroke. . My driver and longer irons are coating me 15 strokes a round.

One thing i tried out yesterday when i was shooting the vidoes was. Trying to get swing plane a little higher i felt like i was sweeping the ball and much lower swing plane with my longer irons. When i tried bringing it back higher i actually hit some decent high 7 irons. Inside 130 im hotting most greens. Generally a par 5 goes like this for me. Hook the driver which ends up. Going either ob or about 180. Trying to compensate. With. My 3 wood, over swinging and duffing it. Then a big hook with my 7 iron. You guys have a better trained eye then me but i think my swing plane is much better with my wedges!?

The right foot is a lot better

But the hips are too square at impact, this is where the pushes and hooks are coming from. Make sure they open up more as you get the weight forward.

Mike McLoughlin

Awesome thank you so much. I recently lost my job so i spend a lot of my free time on here. Now i have something else to work on. It looks to be like im very tall when im striking the ball would you say i need to work on staying lower while i work on opening my hips?

Awesome thank you so much. I recently lost my job so i spend a lot of my free time on here. Now i have something else to work on. It looks to be like im very tall when im striking the ball would you say i need to work on staying lower while i work on opening my hips?

The hips opening will take care of that.

Mike McLoughlin

• 4 weeks later...
So i will have to post some videos but i feel like my swing is coming around as well as most my game. 5-6 rounds have been in the 80s and 7-9 in 80s with two 92s thrown in with my low being 84 twice. Feeling more confident with my swings and confident i can make most shots. Swing feels more controlled and tempo is better. Im actually suprised when i miss shots rather then suprised by good ones.my putting has been trending down to about 32 putts per round and ive even holed 3 putts from off the green and limited my 3 putting to once or twice a round. Also had a very nice round yesterday with only 1 dbl bogey, which for me shows improvement more then lower scores as im learning to prevent big holes. Only 3 dbl bogeys my last two rounds. I will be posting a video soon to make sure the "feel is real" in concerns to opening my hips and taking a better line on my swing.

• 3 weeks later...
[video]https://youtu.be/B_gxg-A-B0g[/video] wasnt the best angle but this was my first attempt then it started raining,

Hips look more open on the downswing. How are you hitting it?

Mike McLoughlin

Note: This thread is 3174 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!