IGNORED

Momentus: Swing vs Strength Trainer

Note: This thread is 6008 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm hoping someone who has used these aids could give me an opinion. I'm looking to increase my swing speed over time, as well as find a good heavy warm-up club. The Momentus aids seem good; I'm just curious if there is an advantage to one over another .

Thanks for the help,
Andy

Wuzzinmebag:

Driver: Burner Draw 10.5°, Reg Flex
Hybrid: Rescue Dual 19°, Reg Flex
Hybrid: Rescue Dual 22°, Reg Flex4-GW: S9, Nippon 900 XH Steel ShaftSW: 588 DSG, 56°; 14° bouncePutter: White Hot XG #3 33"igolf GPS caddie(Somewhat) lowering that handicap one round at a time...

• 1 month later...
Hey Andy,

I've used a number of heavy clubs and I have mixed feelings about them.

On one hand, they are great for warming up and can help you build golf swing strength...which is good. However, if you are doing a lot of slow training with it you might be building slow-twitch muscle in to your swing...not so good.

So in regards to building swing speed, it's good to train fast with heavy clubs. The danger, of course, is injury. Personally, I've hurt the joints in my hands by swinging fast and not warming up properly. So I don't really use them much any more in my training.

If you are going to get one, I'd recommend one that is most similar to one of your clubs. For example, I'd prefer something like the Power Trainer over the Speed Stik because I think the SS is too long and the handle is too big. The Power Trainer (or something similar) is more like a real golf club.

Jaacob
http://www.swingmangolf.com

Note: This thread is 6008 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!