IGNORED

New Golf Site Coming Early Next Year

iacas
Note: This thread is 5896 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
Dave Koster and I are going to be working soon on a new site we hope to launch early next year.

The site will contain high-quality audio files and, eventually, some video as well. The audio files will primarily consist of interviews with scratch or low-handicap golfers about all sorts of topics: the mental game, their practice habits, what they look for in equipment, how they prepare for tournaments, what kind of betting games they like.

The aim will be to "share the knowledge" with golfers who want to improve. Sometimes getting to peak inside the mind of someone who has gotten to where you want to go - shooting just above, at, or even below par - can be very helpful.

I imagine some episodes will be full interviews with good golfers from a prepared list of questions. Other episodes will be "topic-based" compilations.

The site will not be free, but obviously at this time we have no idea what pricing structure we might have.

As we get closer to launch, I'll no doubt have some questions for you guys as far as what you'd like to see us ask, what you'd like to see us cover, and so forth.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

This sounds like a great idea man. I am definitely interested to see how it turns out. I'm the kind of player that likes to observe others and receive instruction indirectly by watching and/or talking to others about how they play the game.

Driver: 905R 9.5*
3-wood: 906F 13*
Irons: Forged Blades
Wedges: Black Satin SV Tour 52* , 56*, 60*
Putter: FuturaBall: ProV1x or One Platinum---------------------------------------------------------My 2008 Tournament Qualifiers:Tennessee State Match Play - Qualified - July...

Just curoius why you're making it a new site and not just incorperating it into TST?

Either way, keep up the good work!
I've spent most of my life golfing - the rest I've just wasted.

In my bag todayâ¦.
Driver: 2009 S9-1 10.5
19d Hybrid4-SW:2008 FP 58/10 Mizuno MP T-10Putter: White Hot XG Sabertooth

The audio files are a great idea, it's very beneficial to hear viewpoints on things, and I don't mean "hear" by reading them. Too much gets lost in the translation. I've been thinking of putting together short clips of 3 hole stretches for myself to review and look back on, to capture on video what I was thinking about before the shot, and then to witness the result. Might be good to look back on to see how I have matured or changed over a period of time, that might be a neat idea for your site as well.

At any rate, the interactive aspect of it is the differentiator here. I think everyone is so bored with static content and articles. Heck, adopt a high handicapper who's willing, and let it be a community project to get him or her to a specific target handicap, soliciting feedback and advice on changes, approach, practice, etc. Hey, I just re-read that, I REALLY like that idea. Anyone else?

Follow my 2nd journey down the road to becoming a professional golfer at http://paperhogan.blogspot.com.

G10 - 9 degree, UST V2
906F4 - YS-6+
690.CB - 2-PW Tour 52 degree GW 588 Satin SW Newport 2 Oilcan

Wow that sounds great! Hope you guys can get the site up soon

Driver- 9.5 905R
Woods- V-Steel 15*
Hybrid- Rescue Dual 16*
Irons- 3-P Project X 5.5 Wedges- Vokey 54* and 58* Putter- Scotty Ball- Bridgestone B330-S

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Just another little teaser...

Work in progress logo... more of a concept at this point. Obviously the "Titleist" logo will have to go at some point. My idea right now is more to make the ball into the top of a microphone. Then again, microphones don't have sound waves coming out of them... so maybe that doesn't make any sense.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator
Yeah, that may work. Or going into a totally different direction.

Not sure at this point.

• 4 months later...
Note: This thread is 5896 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!