IGNORED

Grips. A little thing makes a big difference

Note: This thread is 3166 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

This had probably been spoke about but i'm new to the site. I've recently had a golf pride jumbo grip put on my G25 and it made the world of diffence to the swing. I've now put the golf pride jumbo grip on all clubs. I can't tell you whats happened to my golf swing but it feels more smooth and my hands have more room around the club. I'm 6ft 2. 16st and have big hands. It's changed my game. It's costs £7.50 per club so $12. Your thoughts? and why has it improved my swing and my golf. Thanks :-)

There could many reasons why jumbo grips have improved your game...One is... it is known that jumbo grips will slow down a players wrists in the swing...so if you were a player that had a swing that was a bit wristy they helped...Second having bigger hands. as you say you have.. the jumbos better fit your hands you just get more skin on the grip and it feels more secure which translates into more confidence when you swing..Lastly the regular grips you played... unknown to you... may have been slipping in your hand and the jumbos resolved it...

Two thoughts: 1) You were probably a little to "handsy" near impact and the larger grip is meant to quiet the hands to some degree 2) goes with #1...being tall with larger hands means that you would be inclined to be handsy with regular grips. I'm 6'1" and I cannot play with regular grrips. I have played with grips all the way up to midsize in the past. Now my grip is settled in 1/2 way between standard and midsize. There is no way I could play with a regular size grip now. Jumbo would be too large for me b/c I would loose some feel, but I am glad it is working for you.

I play Golf Pride 2G Jumbos. I gt them for ~$5 online.

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

Considering the grip is one's only connection to the club, I would think getting that right makes a huge difference...

Without a doubt. I used to play GP Tour Velvet and I could not grip the clubs in the summer when my hands would get sweaty. Switched to the multi-decade grip and it helps. I still have to use gym chalk through the round in the summer to keep my hands dry.

I was googling this a week ago and from what I read using a larger grip allowed some people to hold the club with less pressure which seems to have some side benefits.

Without a doubt. I used to play GP Tour Velvet and I could not grip the clubs in the summer when my hands would get sweaty. Switched to the multi-decade grip and it helps. I still have to use gym chalk through the round in the summer to keep my hands dry.

It rarely gets hot enough for sweat to affect. More rain that would hinder you over the pond :)

I was googling this a week ago and from what I read using a larger grip allowed some people to hold the club with less pressure which seems to have some side benefits.

Yeah i agree there. The more i look into it. It makes sense to say that the larger the grip the more surface area able to grip thus less pressure required :) but the reason for this post is you can read loads about clubs, swing, equipment, the brain. Not alot is mentioned about grips

Note: This thread is 3166 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!