IGNORED

Best Blades for me?

Note: This thread is 6039 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

OK, I'm age 59, 5'11", 180 lbs. pretty good timing, swing speed 115, 7 handicap (adjusted 8.7) and improving rapidly. Absolutely love my new TM R7 460 Driver and 3, 5 and 7 Titanium Fairway woods in regular flex graphite shafts. I now use them exclusively for all shots from 150 yards plus.

My old irons are Ping Zings with Ping stiff featherlite steel shafts and the original hard Ping vertical white line grips. They feel like I am hitting 10 lb. steel balls instead of golf balls - in short, the opposite of "butter". Further, I never have gotten any distance with the Zings.

Right now I am hitting all my woods in the sweet spot very consistenty and about 5 of 6 with the irons (mainly a mental problem in rushing shots). My poor shots would be poor with any club. However, I seem to have finally conquered my 20 year tendency to hit either woods or irons extremely well, but never in the same round.

I want soft and long like I now have with my R7 metal woods, I think the answere is forged blades with graphite shafts, price really doesn't matter, and I probably don't want any more than 3-9, maybe only 5-9.

What blades should I consider?

2007 Yamaha Cart
TaylorMade R7 460 Superquad Driver, 10.5, Reg flex (RF)
Taylormade R7 Titanium 3,5 & 7 Fairway woods RF
PING Rapture irons 4-9, PW, UW, SW, graphite RF
Odyssey White Hot Two Ball putter Ping Cart Bag, Pioneer in Atomic OrangeNow playing Titleist Pro V1x balls

I demo'd the MP-67's the last time I was at Golf Galaxy. Best iron I'd ever hit. If I'd had the money I would have bought them immediately and taken them to the course. Thing is, it's 3-PW, don't know what you'd want to do with the long irons, though. If you swing at 115 there shouldn't be much of a problem getting the ball airborne (even with longer irons).
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

You could give the Snake Eyes 600B a try. They are cheap, of good quality and custom, so you can buy only the clubs you need.
http://www.golfsmith.com/products/SE2660

Driver: SasQuatch 460 Tour (10.5* w/ stiff Diamana Blue Board 83)
3-wood: Ti Bubble 2
Hybrid: 3DX Ironwood (20* w/ stiff UST V2); 3DX Genex (17* w/ stiff stock shaft)
Irons: MP-60 4- PW
Wedges: MP-R (52*-7, 56*-10)Putter: Bettinardi C-02

Note: This thread is 6039 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!